Examples of Religious Persecution
The partition of India
- The partition of India was due to religious demographics.
- about 25 million deli Punjab Hindu , Muslim and Sikhs refugees crossed different borders to their new homes to practice their religions
- The partition created 5 soverign states: Pakistan , India, Burma , Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- Muslims were considered a minority in India
Refugees on train roof during Partition of India
Persecution of Christians
- Early christians were killed for their faith in the 1st to 4th century by Jews and Muslims.
- Christians are still persecuted recently: Nigera and South Sudan christians were killed by Islamic extremists.
- In the early centuries The Christian church was constantly persecuted by the Roman authorities.
- The Christian religion was completely agaisnt The Romans and their gods. Causing violence and declerances of war.
- In The Empire religion was the law and refusing to follow was a crime.
Persecution of Jews
- - Jewish Persecution is as old as the ancient Greeks . In the Seleucid Empire, the Greeks banned Jewish Sacrifices and circumcising and would put the Greek god Zeus on top of the temples.
- The holocaust began in 1933 when Adolf Hitler came into power in Germany and was ended in 1945 by the Allied powers.
- about 6 million jews died durig the holocaust.
- Jews were blamed for Communism and a lot of Germany's problem
German refugees in order to escape from Soviets (Feb 1945)