October 4, 2018
PTO GENERAL MEETING
Please join us Thursday (October 4th) at 5:15pm in the Atrium before the Open House Literacy Night.
UPCOMING SPIRIT NIGHTS
Come join us at Salsaritas on Thursday, October 11 from 4-8pm. Make sure to mention India Hook Spirit
We have scheduled a wide variety of spirit nights this semester. IHES PTO receives a percentage of proceeds from meals purchased on the scheduled nights. Each restaurant has different times and information. To get updates and reminders about spirit nights sign up for our text system by texting: @ihespto2 to 81010
Salsaritas – October 11 (4:00-8:00pm)
Fuji Japan – October 16 (5:00-9:00pm)
Groucho’s – November 1 (4:30 – 9pm)
Veteran’s Day Assembly
Save the Date: We will be having our Veteran’s Day Assembly on November 9th. More information will be sent home soon.
Movie Night Date Change
Please note we have tentatively moved our next Movie Night from November 30th to December 7th.
Box Tops will be collected Every Other Friday. Send them in an envelope or ziploc bag with your student’s name and teacher.
New Box Top Contest: From the beginning of school until October 12 the TOP 5 classes OVERALL that collect the MOST Box Tops will receive Pelicans Coins.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
2 Shane’s Rib Shack (Tuesday) 5:00-8:00pm
11 Salsaritas Spirit Night (Thursday) 4:00-8:00pm
12 BOX TOP Collection Day
16 Fuji Japan (Tuesday) 5:00-9:00pm
22 NO SCHOOL – Teacher work day/parent conferences
26 BOX TOP Collection Day
PTO CONTACT INFORMATION:
TEXT REMIND SYSTEM: text: @ihespto2 to 81010
4th and 5th grade holiday musical dates!
The 4th and 5th graders will perform their holiday musical, Holly Jolly Jukebox, on Thursday, November 29 at 6:00 pm in the Rawlinson Road Middle School Auditorium. That morning, the children will perform for K-3rd grade at 8:30.
Challenger Enrollment Start Dates and Deadlines
Children may begin Challenger once a month; the first Monday of the month unless Monday is a holiday. Then, the first Tuesday of the month will be the starting date. Parents waiting until the deadline date to turn in the registration packet will need to bring the completed registration packet the Central Office.
Monday, April 1 is the last day students may begin Challenger. Completed Registration packet must be at the Central Office before or by March 18th.
Friday Lunch Visits
We will have tables set up on kindergarten patio or in the center of the building for families to eat while they visit. Parents may also come have lunch on their child's birthday.
Rock Hill School District Wellness Policy
As a wellness focused school we are thrilled that our school board has approved a wellness policy. Some of the most important points of the policy are listed below.
• Candy and food will not be used as a reward for students.
• Children will have access to water during the day to stay hydrated.
• Special classroom snacks will follow the healthy snacks guidelines. Please see our website for more information about what is allowed.
• Non-food birthday recognition items are allowed if you would like to provide a treat on your child’s birthday. (Cupcakes, cookies, cakes, etc. will not be allowed.)
• Any outside snacks provided to children during school will follow our district wellness guidelines and be in sealed labeled containers with nutritional information clearly labeled. (Pizza does not meet healthy guidelines.)
• Physical activity (P.E. and Recess) cannot be withheld from a student.
• Physical activity cannot be used as a form of punishment
• All fundraisers must follow the guidelines stated in the district wellness policy.
• Valentine’s Day parties will offer a one-day exemption from wellness policy, however, all food must be clearly labeled with ingredients and nutritional information
• No home-baked items can be served to children.
• At India Hook, you may choose to bring lunch for your child occasionally on Fridays or their actual birthday. Please understand that food cannot be shared with other children.
School Improvement Committee Meeting Dates
- October 23- Fall district meeting at Central Office 6:30-8:00 (officers only)
- November 20 at 4:30 at India Hook in Media Center
- December 18 at 4:30 at India Hook in Media Center
- January 15 at 4:30 at India Hook in Media Center
- February 19 at 4:30 at India Hook in Media Center
- March 19 at 4:30 at India Hook in Media Center
- April 23 at 4:30 at India Hook in Media Center
- May 21 at 4:30 at India Hook in Media Center