Hoosier Road Elementary School's Newsletter for 11/18/22
Reminder that next week is a short week and students will only be in school on Monday and Tuesday. School will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Due to the shortened week, there will not be a newsletter next week.
Please visit the HRE website to find all of our upcoming calendar events by clicking here.
Spiritwear On-sale now - November 27th
Thanksgiving Break No School November 23rd - 25th
Picture Retakes December 15th
Yearbooks Cover Contest Entries due Monday, November 28th (details below)
Holiday Light Recycle Program December 5th - January 13th
Yearbooks On-sale Now (details below)
Please note that the online menu was recently revised. If you have a printed copy of the menu, you will want to print the latest revision.
For complete breakfast and lunch menus, please click here.
When packing your child's lunch, please remember to avoid packing candy, soda, and glass containers. We also ask that students not bring fast food in the cafeteria.
If you would like to monitor what your child is buying you CAN put restrictions on their account. Please call or email with those requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giving Tuesday! HSEFunselfie
Yearbook Cover Contest Rules
This year’s yearbook theme is “Patriotic.” Please have your child be creative and use his/her imagination by creating a cover that captures the essence of HRE with a patriotic twist. Please no computer-generated pictures. Just remember to be school appropriate in the design choice.
- The work must be on the “official” cover page provided (you can print the pdf below or your child can pick up a copy from the office). Use only colored pencils. NO CRAYONS.
- Every artist needs to include their name and teacher's name on the back of the template. Please use a pencil to avoid it bleeding through onto the cover. We will type type the winner's name on the cover before submitting the final product to the publisher.
- School name and year are already included on the template and not needed. Any additional wording must be legible. Please have your child take their time and do their best work when they write.
- All entries MUST be turned in NO LATER THAN the morning of Monday, November 28th. No exceptions.
- Please follow the rules (listed above). Those not following the directions will not be considered.
- We will have two cover winners (one for the front and one for the back cover) as well as one winner per grade level (their submission will be highlighted on their grade level collage page). A thumbnail of all other entries will be included inside the yearbook!
The winners will be announced during morning announcements.
**If your child would like to work on their submission over the weekend, please click on the link below for the printable copy. Please note that there are two sides to the document. The back has a space for your child's name and their teacher (please be sure that they use pencil on the back to ensure that it doesn't show through on the cover). If you are unable to print a 2-sided document, please do not staple anything to the entry- you can just include the necessary information on the back.
Holiday Light Recyling
Spiritwear On-Sale Now!
You can now purchase your items online in 3 easy steps:
- Scan the QR code or go online to https://hrewinter2022.itemorder.com/
- Choose your items and add them to your cart
- Securely checkout with your credit card
Online Store Deadline: Sunday November 27th, 2022 (11:59pm EST)
**Please let your child's teacher know if you are ordering spiritwear as a gift.
Order Your Child's Yearbook Now!
Hoosier Road Elementary is once again offering high quality yearbooks for sale to all of our families! The staff at HRE are in the process of designing our yearbook. If you would like to reserve a copy for your student, you may order online by clicking on the following link.
School Code: 73897R
Our standard softcover yearbooks will cost $20 and our hardcover yearbooks are $25. You will also have the option to personalize the yearbook with your student's name for an additional $1. All orders must be placed online using a debit or credit card. We will not be accepting any paper order forms.
*All personalized yearbook orders must be placed no later than January 27, 2023. If you do not wish to personalize your child's yearbook, you may order now through March 10, 2023. These are firm deadlines.
Please click on the following link to view activities and upcoming events within the district.