Symmes Elementary School
Friday, February 24, 2017
Important Dates for your Calendar
Mar. 3 Candyland Carnival - 5:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Mar. 4 Pancake Breakfast & Fine Arts Fair at Sycamore High School
Mar. 8 Dads and Donuts - 8:30 - 9:05 a.m.
Mar. 8 Author Candace Fleming visits Symmes!
Mar. 9 PTO Meeting - 9:30 a.m.
Mar. 10 Dads and Donuts - 8:30 - 9:05 a.m.
Mar. 10 ~~~ SMILE~~~Spring Picture Day!
We still need about 50 more volunteers!
Please volunteer for our carnival! If we don't have enough volunteers, we may need to close some games early! If you have high school kids who need volunteer hours, please have them sign up!! Thank you!!
The Symmes CANDY LAND Carnival is March 3rd and WE NEED YOU to make our largest fundraiser of the year a delicious success! Please sign up at the link below.
CARNIVAL DECORATING TOMORROW, SATURDAY, FEB. 25TH AT 9 AM.
Please join us!
- The door by the cafeteria will be open at 9 am.
- Once there, please go to the cafeteria. There, we will be able to assign a project to you. If you show up after 9:20 am, we will be found in all the hallways.
- Please know, any amount of time you donate is better than none!
- Although the time we will be there is set from 9 am- 1 pm, if we have a lot of volunteers who show up, (like last year) we will be done much earlier!!
Sincere Thanks from the Symmes Carnival Committee!
MARCH 10 - SPRING PICTURE DAY!
The Cincinnati Flying Pig Kids’ 26th Mile Fun Run Opportunity
Does your child like to run and want to be part of the Flying Pig Marathon?
• Join us Saturday, May 6 at noon to run in the Kids 1 Mile Fun Run at the Flying Pig “Marathon” in downtown Cincinnati. Log 25 miles starting today and run 10 minutes two or three times a week to complete your Hog Log. Then run your “26th” mile with friends and family from Symmes. You can also earn 2 Reds tickets to a home game!
Interested in running a 5K!? Same location, same day, start time at 10:00am.
“Fly” up to the 5K and you can run in both races!
• Sign up online at www.flyingpigmarathon.com You can customize your own race bib!
• Cost is $15 per participant which includes a T-shirt, race bib, poster, medal, and post-race goodies at the finish line. Register by March 10 to have matchingT-Shirts for our group. You can earn a medal for each run!
• Want FREE Reds TICKETS??? Simply turn in your Hog Log (mileage tracking sheet) for a total of 25 miles of running or walking over the weeks prior to the race day and you are eligible for a voucher for 2 free Reds tickets to a home game on Friday, May 19. Wear your T-Shirt and medal(s) to the game!! Fireworks to follow!
• Hog Logs are available online at www.flyingpigmarathon.com and during gym class at school (while supplies last). *****Symmes Steppers mileage and running in gym class count as well as any running you do in class, at home, and at practices.
## Kids and parents are responsible for documenting (tallying) all miles run. ##
· Registration is $15 and should be completed by a parent/guardian online at www.flyingpigmarathon.com by March 10. Registering by this deadline ensures that participants will receive a matching group T-shirt, which our group will wear during the event. You can also customize your own race bib!
• Select Symmes Elementary as your school/group in the drop down box.
· Parents who register to walk/run with their child will also receive a matching T-shirt. The Flying Pig encourages parents/guardians to register for child safety.
· Symmes Parent Megan Boni will be the Group Leader for Symmes. She will pick up posters, race bibs, and T-shirts the week of the event and will distribute to children at Symmes.
VOLUNTEERS ARE ENCOURAGED AND ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!
If you are interested in being a parent volunteer for this event, please register online. You will receive a volunteer T-shirt from The Flying Pig. There’s no charge to be a volunteer and you can run with your child on the race course yet do not receive the finisher’s medal. A Symmes Elementary cheering section would be awesome along the race path and at the finish line to help gather our runners for a group photo!
On race day, we will meet as a group at 11:30am on Joe Nuxhall Way under a sign near our Pig Pen that will read “Symmes Elementary.” The group will be wearing matching shirts so that we are easy to find. We will take a group picture before and after the race. We will be placed next in line with other Sycamore Schools participating. More detailed info as to where to meet before and after the race will be shared the week of the race.
For further information, parking details, etc. please go to the user-friendly www.flyingpigmarathon.com site.
For general questions, please contact Megan Boni (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or at 614.432.0287.
We are having great weather to track your mileage in those Hog Logs! Happy Running!
• Get started today and join a fun & heathy movement sweeping Cincinnati…running!J