St. Mary Catholic Schools News
Welcome Back Zephyrs!
St Mary Catholic Schools News: Welcome Back Zephyrs!
SMCS Parent Information Night 08.31.22
New this year: we're hosting an ALL SCHOOLS parent night. We know this time of year is busy, but at least one parent should plan to attend.
What can you expect from Parent Information Night?
- Presentations on exciting changes and updates for the upcoming school year from our SMCS Leadership team, including:
- SMCS President Dan McKenna
- SMCHS Principal Patti Fouts
- SMCMS Principal Jill Ahles
- SMCS Elementary Principal Anna Cihlar
- SMCS Director of Development Chris Decker
- SMCS Director of Technology and Innovation Justina Plemon
- Information Fair featuring representatives from:
- SMCS Athletics
- Zephyrs Booster Club
- Zephyrs Connect
- All Aboard
- Zephyr Dads
- Annual Fund
- Elementary Parent Organizations and Associate Principals
- Elementary After School Care and Enrichment
- Cub Scouts Troop 3045/3074
- Zephyrs Basketball Club
- Fine Arts Booster Club (ZFAB)
- SMCHS Campus Ministry
- SMCS Parish Partners
- The Zephyrs Spirit Stop will be open and will offer a one night only discount for purchases!
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday. August 31st!
Zephyrs Deals Cards Available at Parent Information Night
$20 for over $400 in savings, and a chance to show your support for Zephyrs Athletics? What a great deal! Zephyrs Deals cards will be available for sale at the Booster Club table during the Information Fair. Watch the video above for more details or click here.
Updated COVID-19 Policy at St. Mary Catholic Schools
In accordance with recommendations from the CDC and local health departments, St. Mary Catholic Schools has updated its COVID-19 policy.
Whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, students who test positive for COVID-19 should
- Stay home for 5 days from symptom onset, or if no symptoms, from the date tested.
- Day 0 is the first day of symptoms
- Day 1 is the first full day after symptoms develop
- Return to school on day 6 IF fever-free for 24 hours AND symptoms have largely resolved. If symptoms continue after 5 days, continue to stay home until fever-free for 24 hours and symptoms have largely resolved
- Wear a well-fitted mask while around others for 10 days.
Whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, students who are a close contact to a positive case may remain in school if symptom free. They should test for COVID-19 5 days after exposure.
The updated policy can be found on the COVID-19 resources page.
New Food Service Survey
At St. Mary Catholic Schools, we’re always looking for ways improve our meal services, and we want to hear from you!
You’re invited to take a short survey, taking less than 10 minutes. All responses will stay completely anonymous, and results will be used in menu and program development. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we continually look for ways to create happy and healthy mealtime experiences at school.
For families with students in middle and high school, click here to begin the survey.
For families with students in elementary school, click here to begin the survey.
Hot Lunch Fees for 2022-23
With the beginning of the 2022-23 school year, there will be no USDA Waiver Program that offered free hot lunch to all SMCS students for the past two years. Food service will begin charging any families that are not on our free/reduced lunch program for meals.
As in the past, families that submit an application and are approved or families that are approved with a computer match of state benefits will not be charged for meals. Any families that qualified for free/reduced lunch in any of the past 3 school years will not be charged for lunch for the first 30 school days of the coming school year, giving families time to submit applications for free/reduced lunch.
Please call Anne Greif at 722-4914 if you have any questions.
We look forward to serving you healthy and delicious meals this year!
Volunteering at SMCS
All adults that would like to volunteer in the school in any capacity must complete an application, Virtus training, and a background check prior to volunteering. Please click here for more information.
Bookmark the Big East Calendar
School hasn't started yet, but our student athletes are already making the grade. The best place to get updated information on where and when you can see the Zephyrs play is the Big East Sports Calendar. Click here to view the calendar and add it to your bookmarks!
Zephyrs Connect 09.23.22
Our annual Fun Run is back and better than ever. Join us for a Fall Friday of family time and football all to benefit co-curricular activities at St. Mary Catholic Schools. Whether you choose to run or just come for the family friendly games and activities, all are welcome! Click here to register.
All Aboard 10.15.22
All Aboard is back. This evening of food and entertainment benefits all five campuses of St. Mary Catholic Schools and offers adults a chance to connect and celebrate what makes SMCS so special. Registration is now open. Click here to register.
St. Patrick's: Fall Heritage Festival
Fall is in the air and the community at St. Patrick's in Menasha is preparing to celebrate. The Fall Heritage Festival will take place September 9-10. Volunteers are also needed to help the event run smoothly. Click here to sign up to help.