2nd Grade Happenings
Week 19 - Januarary 18 - 22
In The Know
- PACE testing begins this week and will be completed by February 11th. If your child is being tested, they will be pulled on 4 separate days during the next 3 weeks.
Conferences are coming up quick. Please click on the link for your child's teacher to sign up for a time.
Mrs. Christensen’s signup link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4cacab2ca3fb6-mid
2. Mrs. Fambrough’s signup link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4cacab2ca0ff2-midyear
3. Mrs. Felts’ signup link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4ea9af2daaf58-winter1
4. Mrs. Sowards’ signup link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0449a9ac22a13-middle
5. Mrs. Tanco’s signup link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4ba8a82fa0fd0-midyear
6. Mrs. Wells’ Sign up link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b44a4ab23a6ff2-midyear
Reading : Our Reading Goals For The Week
- Text Structure
- Fiction vs Non Fiction - Being able to identify the difference between the two.
- Sequence of Events - Identifying the sequential order of events in a story, and also being able to retell the story in the same sequence in which things happened.
Math: Our Math Goals For The Week
- Adding 3 digit numbers by using models and then advancing on to use mental math to solve.
- Subtracting 3 digit numbers by using models and then advancing on to use mental math to find the missing part.
**Identifying when to borrow or regroup is an on going skill. Please feel free to help reinforce this skill with activities at home.**
Science: Our Science Goal For The Week
We are started our engineering unit. Over the next few weeks, students will be working as chemical engineers to answer the question:
Is it possible to improve the process for making high-quality play dough?
Throughout this unit, students will show their learning by:
- gathering and analyzing data about how play dough materials interact when mixed
- designing tests and establishing criteria to measure how well a play dough process produces a desired result
- improving a play dough process by creating a sample of play dough
Because science and engineering projects are hands-on, materials are often needed. Several materials necessary for this unit are listed below, and if you have any of these materials available, your donation would be greatly appreciated.
**We still need some materials for our engineering unit. Please click on the link below if you are able to donate any.**