Cramps & Electrolytes
EDEL 250 Tina Rollins
Reasons for Muscle Cramps
1. Lack of fitness. The cramps happen when you push yourself to your limits. The way to limit cramping is by getting fit.
2. Lack of salt or electrolytes due to dehydration in athletes. Water alone sometimes will not solve the cramping. One must intake salt or electrolytes. A normal active person gets enough sugar and salt in their daily intake that if they get muscle cramps it is due to dehydration and they should drink plenty of water.
3. Improper stretching . It is important to stretch your muscles especially if you sit for a long period of time. Your hip flexors get tight and stay at a shortened positon and this can cause cramping of the muscle. To prevent cramping, stretch your muscles for 20 seconds for every hour you sit.
Does Pickle Juice help against cramps?
How to Prevent Cramping
- Get into shape
- Stay hydrated
- If you exercise a lot and sweat a lot, use electrolytes and eat salty foods
- Keep muscles flexible by stretching
No Gym Required: How to Get Fit at Home:
What is it?
What do they do for us?
How much do we need?
How much do we lose?
Health Snacks High in Electrolyte:
What Drinks and Foods Contain Electrolytes?: