Shoesmith Family Newsletter
Happy New Year Shoesmith Family! Let's make 2023 all about "we". How can we use our collective talents and resources to ensure each member of the Beehive continues to thrive.
Welcome to the Hive!
Derrie Young & Dee Adams have joined the hive this past December. Ms. Young supports our lunch and recess block and Ms. Adams is our new school clerk. We are thrilled to have them at Shoesmith.
Mr. Konja Scott has transitioned effective 1/9/23. We thank him for his service to the Shoesmith Community.
Attendance and Early Dismissals
January 2023...On time and ready for learning! The school day starts at 8:45 am and ends at 3:45 pm. All staff members are working with individual or groups of students throughout the entire school day, which limits our capacity to handle tardies and non-emergency early dismissals.
Cold, Flu, COVID Season
We tend to have an increase of sick students after a long weekend or long breaks. We will continue to encourage masking and if students present COVID like symptoms, they will be sent to the care room until a caregiver can pick them up. All students were given a self-test kit on 12/21/22. If you need additional test kits or would like to sign-up for weekly testing, please call the main office.
- Weekly COVID testing (every Tuesday)
- School photos and retake dates will be sent home Friday, January 13th
- Quarter 2 report cards will also be sent home Friday, January 13th
- 1/14/23 Girls and Boys basketball games- Philips High School 11:00 am, 12noon
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday-NO SCHOOL Monday, January 16th
- Local School Council Meeting(virtual), Wednesday, January 18th 5:30 pm
- All students will take the middle of year iReady assessment the week of 1/17/23