4-H Bits & Bytes
Warren County 4-H Newsletter: January 6, 2022
Jan 20: Advisor Update, Event Center, 7 pm
Jan 28: OAR Deadline, Extension Office, 4:30 pm
Feb 1: Advisor Update, Event Center, 7 pm
Feb 14: QA Test Out, Extension Office, 6 pm
Feb 15: New Advisor Orientation, Extension Office, 7 pm
2022 4-H Calendar
It's Time to Enroll in 4-H!
Enrollments will be completed at v2.4honline.com. If you need help enrolling, please refer to https://warren.osu.edu/program-areas/4-h-youth-development/club-enrollment for guidance. The deadline to enroll is April 1st if you would like to participate in the 2022 Warren County Fair. All volunteers must enroll on 4-H Online too.
- Double check all projects! If you sign up for the wrong projects now you will not be able to make fair entries for missed projects and will not be able to take that project to fair.
- Cloverbuds can only sign up for project #715 My 4-H Cloverbud Year.
- There is no companion/pet goat class at the Warren County Fair. If you want to take a goat to the fair, you will need to sign up for a different project.
2022 Family Guide
OARs and Scholarships
Two great opportunities are currently available! Scholarship applications and OARS are currently available at https://warren.osu.edu/.../4-h-youth.../teenopportunities
The deadline to submit these forms to the Extension Office is January 28th, 2022.
Teen Leadership Workshop
Save the date for Teen Leadership in Action Workshop on February 21st, 9 am-12 pm! Registration will come in early January. The Teen Leadership in Action Workshop is for any teen who wants to better their leadership ability. The workshop will be interactive with an emphasis on learning real-life, and usable workforce preparation skills to help teens be successful in the future. Teens do not need prior leadership experience
Goals for both workshops are to:
● increase leadership skills in the areas of communication, professionalism,
self-confidence, and cultural intelligence.
● develop a greater understanding of various personal leadership styles.
● practice skills through interactive and engaging methods.
● help participants learn practical skills that will positively impact their future.