E.J. Hayes Weekly Newsletter
January 2, 2022
Note from the Principal's Desk
Greetings Parents and Stakeholders,
Happy New Year! We hope everyone had a restful and joyful holiday break! We are looking forward to seeing students return to the building on January 4, 2021. Please help us during this period by keeping students home from school and getting them tested if they have any symptoms that could be attributed to Covid including but not limited to fever, headaches, loss of taste or smell, and/or flu like symptoms. We want to do our very best to keep every child and staff member as safe as possible but we need your help to achieve this initiative. And like always, thank you for choosing E.J. Hayes: Where relationships foster learning!
- January 3 - Optional Teacher Work Day (No school for students)
- January 4 - First day back for students
- January 13 - End of 3rd 6 weeks
- January 14 - Mandatory Teacher Work Day (No school for students)
- January 17 - Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday (No school for students and staff)
- January 18 - Optional Teacher Work Day (No school for students)
- February 8 -Progress Reports go home
- February 10- NAEP Assessment for 50 selected 4th grade students
- March 3 - End of 4th 6 weeks
- April 29 - End of 5th 6 weeks
- June 9 - Last day of school (students will be released at 12:45pm)
Christmas Cards from Students
Holiday Shoppe Pictures
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Please follow the below link for the menu if you can't read the type above!
Instructions for Accessing PowerSchool's Parent Portal
Instructions for Accessing PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Students received a piece of paper with this information on it yesterday. Please check your child's folders.
There are two ways to access your child's information in PowerSchool. In addition to these instructions, you will need the letter from your child's school/teacher that contains the access IDs and passwords.
The First Way (This is the quickest and easiest way.)
1. Go to martin.powerschool.com/public
2. Enter the Student Access ID and Student Access Password into the Parent Sign In fields
(Yes, it will work!)
3. Make sure to enter the Student Access Password in ALL CAPS
4. This should take you right in to your child's information
The Second Way (This way allows the parent to receive periodic email updates.)
1. Go to martin.powerschool.com/public
2. Click on the Create Account tab
3. Click the blue Create Account button
4. On the Create Parent Account page, at the top, enter the parent's first and last name,
email address, desired username, and password (twice). Make sure to follow the password parameters in order for your password and account to be created
5. In the link to Student Account section under the number 1, enter your first student's
name, PARENT access ID and PARENT access password. Then, in the dropdown, select the choice that best represents your relationship to the student.
6. If you have multiple children, you can enter their information under numbers (2 through 7). By adding all of your children to one account, you can access all of your children using one username and password.
7. After you have entered all of the required information, click on the Enter button.
8. If you were successful, you will get a message saying "Congratulations! Your new Parent
Account has been created. Enter your Username and password to start using your new account." Then use your new username and password to sign into your parent account.
9. If you were unsuccessful, you will get a message saying you are missing some required
information. Correct what is missing or incorrect and Enter again.
10. Please Note: You can only use your email address one time to setup an account. If your
email address has already been used and is attached to an existing account, your account creation will be unsuccessful and you will have to use another email address.