2019 Western Round Up
Not your Typical Rodeo of Professional Development
Place: Wayne High School
Thursday, June 13th, 9am-12:30pm
5400 Chambersburg Rd, Dayton, OH 45424
- Doors will open at 8:30 a.m.
- $5 for OCTM Members.
- $10 Cash at the door for non-OCTM Members. (Can join that morning!)
- Contact Hours will be provided!
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- Registration Link found below.
Featuring OCTM Math Stars and Legends.
- Current Vice-President of Elementary for OCTM.
- Math Coach Specialist/Aurora City Schools
- Passionate about Conceptual Place Value, Structure and Fact Fluency, Building Number Sense, Cognitively Guided Instruction, and Equity and Identity.
- Advocates for a high quality math experiences for ALL young people in our state and beyond. He is passionate about aligning practices that allow young people to do the learning instead of them being told how and what to think. Ultimately, education is about growing humans and not simply getting correct answers.
- High School Math Teacher for 16 years, Miami East School District
- OCTM's Western District Technology Expert.
- Presented at ITIP Google Summit, Create!, SPARCC, OCTM, and Desmos Institute
- Mother of Four
- Passionate about Student Centered Learning and Technology Integration into the classroom.
- Assistant Director of Mathematics, Hamilton City Schools
- THE 6th - 8th grade teacher for 29 years, Rockway School/Clark-Shawnee Local School District
- The Connected Math Project (Michigan State University)
- His best honor has been the excitement he feels when any child or adult shows that "aha" moment associated with learning something.
- Passionate about teaching conceptual, connected lessons in the classroom. No Butterfly zones!
A sampling of the Golden Nuggets you will uncover:
- Collaboration with passionate math educators across all grade bands.
- Creating connected, conceptual based lessons. It's not about the state test!
- Techy Hour with best practices for classroom usage.
- Leave inspired with ready to incorporate strategies to create a culture of learning mathematics filled with joy, fun, and hope. Yes, this can happen!
Mathy Hour Following the Retreat Featuring Trivia with Ben Stewart.
Thursday, June 13th, 1pm
We will continue to feed your Math Soul!
Feel free to purchase food/spirits for yourself.
Mathtastic Prizes will be awarded!