Keep Calm and Carry on Managing!
NZEI AP/DP/ Team leaders conference day. July 31st 2014
In a workshop of 24 people, 19 feedback forms were completed (some collegially!)
the workshop was rated on a scale of 1(poor) to 4 (excellent), and the results were as follows:
Facilitators' punctuality: 100% excellent.
Facilitators' presentation: 79% excellent; 21% good.
Materials used: 84% excellent; 16% good.
Pace of training: 89% excellent; 11% good.
Variety of activities: 84% excellent; 16% good.
Usefulness of strategies: 74% excellent; 26% good.
Confidence to employ these strategies for self: 74% excellent; 26% good.
Time allowed to cover content: 79% excellent; 16% good; 5% poor. (This sheet indicated that the participant would have liked more time in this session.)
What went well?
- All of it! I could have listened for longer. Touched my heart. Feel valued as a professional. Thank you.
- Wow! All of it! Thank you!
- Really enjoyed taking time for myself to reflect on my time! Realising I need to take more.
- Having an opportunity to hear and share 'real' examples! Thank you!
- A great practical presentation.
- Presentation style. Talk and do.
- Smooth, moving through from task to task.
- Enjoyed the quotes and hand-outs. (Would have enjoyed a longer session)
- Interactive, practical, realistic, thought provoking, personal grooming of all - V.G. Working with unknown people.
- Stressed teacher book.
- Sharing ideas - hearing from others. Related well to what is happening in schools. Ideas I can take and use - refill.
- Being able to listen to other ideas and sharing.
- Good, pacey, feel good lesson. Learning what we can do to look after ourselves.
- Very refreshing approach but practical and very important reminders.
- Good opportunities to reflect on our own situation.
- Having time to reflect is invaluable. Practical ideas. Thanks.
- All!! Very useful strategies to use.
- Talking about the importance of looking after ourselves. Good pace - time to share.
- Focus on strategies to identify staff under stress. Handouts useful.
What was particularly useful?
- Handouts and group discussions - having the opportunity to talk.
- Practical ideas.
- Signs to look for in stressed teachers.
- Thinking about stress indicators.
- Stress indicators.
- Recognising we're all in the same boat.
- As before - listening to others.
- Stressed teacher booklet.
- EVERYTHING! Little leaflets to fill in :)
- Filling yourself back up!
- Managing stress - time for selves. Balance in personal and professional life.
- Stressful teachers - how to spot them.
- The templates!
- Looking at my time.
- Listening to others. Ideas to share with staff/school.
- Time to pause and apply to self and own context. The handouts and resources.
Did you find the module fitted your needs?
- Yes. (6 participants)
- Yes, better than expected.
- Good ideas.
- YES! (Especially in the time given) <3
- Yes. Helpful and doable.
Did we cover anything you would like more information on?
- What happens if you do find a very stressed teacher - what steps to take.
- Maintaining calm classrooms.
- If there are extreme stress situations - steps to work through.
- The effects of stress and how to assist those experiencing stress to work through it.
- I'd like to find out about the full workshop.
What could be improved?
- Nothing. Timing was good.
- Managing colleagues under stress - strategies.
- Would have enjoyed a longer session.
- Practical strategies for the classroom.
- Strategies to help those stressed teachers in denial without encroaching on their privacy?
Any further comments or suggestions?
- I am not on Facebook so how can the collated information be given to me or how can I access it? (This participant has been directed towards the Willow Education website.)
- What if we need more support from our managers? Asking for help if we need it.
- Great, thanks.
- Thanks, it was fun!
- Easy to listen to and really helpful ideas.
- Very easy to listen to, fun, practical. Awesome!
- Thank you very much.:)
- Love you to do part of a teachers only day, 2015.