Week of October 4th
Football Game at Liberty High School
Upcoming Athletic Events
Monday, October 4th
- JV Field Hockey vs. Patriot (home) - 5:30pm
- Varsity Field Hockey vs. Rock Ridge (home) - 7pm (Pink Out)
- JV Football at Fauquier - 6pm
- Choir Concert - 6pm
Tuesday, October 5th
- JV/Var Volleyball at Handley - 6/7pm
- Region 4C Golf Tournament at Winchester CC - 8:30pm
Wednesday, October 6th
- Competition Cheer at Fauquier - 6pm
- Financial Aid Workshop - 6pm
Thursday, October 7th
- JV/Var Volleyball vs. Millbrook (home) - 6/7pm (Pink Out)
- JV Field Hockey at Battlefield - 5:30pm
- Varsity Field Hockey vs. Liberty (home) - 5:30pm
- Band/Orchestra Concert - 7pm
Friday, October 8th
- Varsity Football vs. Fauquier (home) - 7pm (Pink Out)
Saturday, October 9th
- Competition Cheer at Brentsville - 2pm
Fall Choir Concert
The Fall Choir Concert will take place on Monday, October 4th at 7pm in the auditorium. Come see our Symphonic Choir, Treble Choir, and Mixed Choir perform their first concert of the year!
The Fall Concert will also include the advanced 8th Grade Choir from Auburn Middle School.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- Senior make-up picture days are Thursday, October 7th and Friday, October 8th
- As you know, masks (covering the mouth and nose) are still required of all students, staff, and visitors. We have distributed an excessive amount of disposable masks and our supply is running low. Parents - please ensure that your child has a mask and brings it to school each day. Once our mask supply runs out, students will be sent home if they cannot comply with the mandate (i.e. - they do not have one to wear and we do not have one to provide). Mesh masks are not acceptable
- Students - please be mindful that food deliveries (from outside vendors) are prohibited during the school day
Thank you for your assistance with these matters
COVID-19 Quarantine Information
When a student is quarantined and/or becomes ill from COVID-19, Ms. Brown (our nurse) will contact the parent/guardian (via phone or email) and provide/confirm the length of quarantine/isolation time required. The teachers of each student will also be notified. School Counselors will then contact the parent (via email) to confirm that teachers are aware of this information. The following protocol for quarantined/isolated students (due to COVID-19 only) is being followed:
Instructional Guidelines for High School Students in Quarantine/Isolation
High school teachers will make links available for students to join each class virtually for the first 15-40 minutes of each class to create some synchronous learning for quarantined students.
The primary goal for quarantine students is to see and hear directions and content that will support their independent learning.
Teachers will also be available during office hours at times determined by the teacher. Each teacher will communicate the time available to students.
Please note that this learning platform is only available for students who are quarantined and/or in isolation (relative to COVID-19).
Questions relative to assignments/instruction/course-related matters while students are absent should be directed to the responsible teacher.
To view specific COVID-19 case information, please visit the FCPS Dashboard.
To learn more about quarantine requirements, close contacts, and vaccination information, please review this newsletter from the division.
Please remember that masks (covering the mouth and nose) are required while inside our building. This applies to parents, guardians as well.
Missing Concert Band Attire
Our Music Program needs your assistance!
We are missing 12 dresses, nine jackets, and 10 pairs of pants...this equates to almost 10% of our total wardrobe! Please return any items you may have immediately. If you know a former music student, please ask them if they have anything to return.
There will be no penalties, we simply want the items back!
All items can be given to Mr. Fullard (in the band room) or dropped off in the main office.
The KR After Prom Committee needs YOU! Planning for the 2022 After Prom event has begun!
After Prom event is an event with many fun activities, food, and prizes for all Juniors, Seniors, and any guests of prom attendees. Juniors and Seniors do not need to attend prom to come to After Prom. The event is community sponsored and free for attendees. For more information, please click on this link.
Our next meeting is October 19 at 7pm - we look forward to seeing you!