4K A.M. Class
October 19, 2015
Finger painting: red + yellow = orange
| || |
We talked about this book being a nonfiction story. We realized the story had pictures taken with a camera. It also had lots of information. Everything that happened was "real." On your next visit to the library, have your child checkout some nonfiction stories about a topic that is interesting to them.
We pretended our backpacks were filled with cameras, compasses, water bottles, snacks, and binoculars. We saw lots of colorful leaves, acorns, sticks, and rocks. Some big branches covered the trail and we went over and between them. After reading books about Autumn it was fun to actual see the changes!
- Monday, October 26th is picture re-take day at Red Smith.
- Hansen Fundraiser-pick up items on Tuesday, October 27th from 2:30-5:30 PM in the Red Smith Cafe.
- Pals assessment will continue this week. The children have done a wonderful job showing me the skills they know. Last week we did rhyming, name writing, and book concepts. This week I will complete letter and sound identification.
- If you have pumpkins or Fall objects that you would be willing to donate to 4K...let me know. We could use a variety of sizes of pumpkins for some learning activities. Thanks!
Songs and Movement We Have Learned...
Click on the links below to watch the You Tube videos-
Kickapoo the Kangaroo (yoga for kids)
ABC Mouse-Letter Bb song
10 Little Leaves
(Count forward and show number using fingers)
1 little, 2 little, 3 little leaves,
4 little, 5 little, 6 little leaves,
7 little, 8 little, 9 little leaves,
10 leaves on the tree.
The wind came by. (howl like the wind)
(Count backward and show number using fingers)
10 little, 9 little, 8 little leaves,
7 little, 6 little, 5 little leaves,
4 little, 3 little. 2 little leaves,
1 leaf on the tree.
This Week In 4K...
- We will put the life cycle of a pumpkin in order. (Start to use ordinal words with your child...1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Thursday we will carve a pumpkin and see what is inside of it. We will do an investigation and talk about the size, whether it floats or sinks, and the texture.
- At community circle, we will read Everybody Feels Scared by: Jane Bingham. Continue talking about feelings with your child. It is ok to feel scared about things. We will discuss and tell one thing each of us is scared of.
Letter Cc Activities...
- Catch a ball
- Color a picture
- Cut out a cat
- Wear a cap on your head
- Read a book about cats
- Collect some of your favorite things
- Call up a friend on the phone
- Eat some corn, cauliflower, or chocolate
Please bring a show and tell object that starts with the letter Cc on Thursday, October 22nd. Have your child practice sharing one detail about their object to a family member to prepare them for our Show & Tell community circle time.