Why is the Giant Panda endangered?
- The Giant Panda on the endangered list because of poachers killing for the Panda’s fur. In 2004 1,600 Giant Pandas were counted in the wild. Also, the pandas are losing their habitats.
- The Giant Panda is located in central-western and southwestern China. The Giant Panda lives in the bamboo forests of western China.
- What do they eat?
The Giant pandas consume 26-84 pounds of bamboo each day.
- Adult pandas weigh 220-330 pounds
- The Giant panda's scientific name is Ailuropoda melanoleuca
- Adults are 4 feet long
- The panda is the logo for worldwildlife.org