Partee ES General News
Parent Newsletter - May 2020
- Last day of school
- Student Personal Item Pick-up/Return Checked-out items Day 1, 9:30 - 11:30 and 1:00 - 4:30
Thursday, May 21
- Student Personal Item Pick-up/Return Checked-out items Day 2, 9:30 - 11:30 and 1:00 - 3:00
Tuesday, May 26
- Report cards will be mailed from the district office this week.
Congratulations to:Mr. Keenan Thomas - PTA Volunteer Recognition, Area I
Dr. Kelli McCain - PTA Principal of the Year, Area I
Partee ES PTA - for donating to the 2020 5th grade student's "swag bags"
Directions for Pick-up and Drop off of Items
Directions for No-Contact Student Pick-up of Personal Items/Return of Checked-out Items
To accommodate students retrieving personal items from their classrooms, returning checked out media center books, Chromebooks with power cords and mice, textbooks, and/or Parent Center Resources, parents are asked to follow the directions and schedule below.
On Pick-up Day
Preparations before arriving to the school:
- Write your child’s full name and teacher’s name on an 8 ½ X 11 sheet of paper in bold marker and place the sign where it is visible through your vehicle’s windshield.
- If returning checked out items (media center books, Chromebooks with power cords, textbooks, and/or Parent Center Resources), place all items in a bag and place the bag in the trunk or backseat of the car. Please label the bag with your student's name and teacher's name in permanent marker.
Arriving at the school:
- Parents will drive through the bus lane. Please remain in the lane unless otherwise directed by a school personnel.
- Do not leave your vehicle during pick-up. In order to keep everyone safe, no students or family members will be permitted to exit their vehicle.
- School personnel will come to the window of the car to read the name(s) of student(s). Please notify the personnel if you are dropping off items and/or need to pick up medicine.
- Cars will then pull forward to the designated stop sign. Remotely pop the car trunk/hatch or unlock the back door. School personnel will remove any checked out items from the car trunk or backseat and then place the student’s bag containing personal items in the car.
- Cars will then exit the bus lane when directed.
Pick-up/Drop of Schedule
There will be two pick-up times each day:
Wednesday, May 20
9:30 - 11:30
1:00 - 4:30
Thursday, May 21
9:30 - 11:30
1:00 - 3:00
Final report cards for the 2019 – 2020 school year will be mailed, from the district office, to the home address on file beginning Tuesday, May 26th.
GCPS is considering two options for Summer School, based on the start date for the 2020-21 school year and recommendations from the CDC. The K-8 Summer School learning opportunity is at no cost to students. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Summer School registration for recommended students will be open from May 30 to June 8. Families must complete the 2020 Summer School K-8 Enrollment form online in MyPaymentsPlus. Students recommended for summer school will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A letter detailing more information will be included with the final report card for recommended students.
Option 1: July 6 - 21 (12 class days) — 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. These Summer School dates are based on our current school calendar for next year, with August 5 as the first day of the 2020-21 school year.
Option 2: August 3 - 21 (15 class days) — 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. These Summer School dates are based on a delayed start to the 2020-21 school year, with September 8 as the first day of school in a revised calendar.
Summer Meals for June 2020
Here are some specifics about our Summer Feeding Plans for June only.
- Meals will be provided for pick-up only from June 8 through June 26 during the hours of 11am – 1pm.
- Meals are available for anyone ages 18 and under.
- Meals will be served Monday through Thursday only – with Thursday’s meals including meals for both Thursday and Friday.
The following 25 feeding sites have been selected to provide meals: