NAD Tech News
ISSUE # 6 - 18 November 2014
Back To It Edition
MindShift: Beyond Worksheets, A True Expression of Student Learning
Edutopia: Building Your EdTech Ecosystem
Research Tool in Google Docs
Google Search Tricks
- Weather. Search for weather to see the weather in your location or add a city name after weather to find weather in that area. Try it out: weather paris
- Dictionary. Put define in front of any word. Try it out: define loquacious
- Calculations. Enter a math equation to see the answer, along with a calculator to solve more problems, even graphing equations. Try it out: 3*9123
- Unit conversions. Enter any conversion, like measurement or speed. Try it out: 3 dollars in euros
- Sports. Search for the name of your team to see a schedule, game scores and more. Try it out: real madrid
- Quick facts. Search for the name of a celebrity, location, movie, or song, and see quick information on the right side of the page. You can get all kinds of fast facts, photos, and other info using the knowledge graph. Try it out: albert einstein
- Set Timer. Ex: "Set Timer 1 minute" gives you a timer as the result.
- Flip a Coin. Type "flip a coin" into the Google Search Box and Google provides an animated, random coin flip.
Microsoft Software for EVSC Staff Home Use Now Available At Reduced Pricing
The EVSC is pleased to announce that faculty and staff are eligible to download the latest Microsoft software titles, such as Windows 8.1, Office Professional Plus 2013 for Windows, and Office for Mac 2011, at a fraction of the regular retail price via the Microsoft Work at Home program.
Microsoft Office (Mac & PC versions) – $9.95*
Microsoft Windows – $9.75*
* The Home Use License allows for one main installation AND one installation on a secondary device WITH the ability to transfer if earlier devices are uninstalled.
These exclusively priced downloads are available at https://evsc.onthehub.com/. Just go to the website and register for a new account using your EVSC email address. Once you’re registered, just login and start shopping. It’s that easy!
Need More Assistance?
Contact me, I'd be happy to work with you!
Bill is an eLearning Coach helping to facilitate meaningful integration of technology to enrich instruction, engage students & develop 21st century skills. He is also a PhD candidate for a Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology degree with an Emphasis in Integrating Technology, Learning, and Psychology.
Where is Bill?
Tuesday - Scott
Wednesday - Vogel + Vogel AfterSchool Tech Club
Thursday - Delaware (AM) and NJHS (PM) + NJHS AfterSchool Tech Club
Friday - Evans (AM) and Downtown (PM)