Davis/Martin Weekly Update
May 9 - 13
Monday we have our JA Biztown field trip in Memphis! Students and faculty have been preparing for this over the past month and we are excited to see the town in "action." Students are encouraged to dress as their job/role. Book bags are not necessary, as we will be gone all day. Remember that lunch will be provided, as well. Buses will get back around 4:30 p.m. We will send out a remind text as we get closer to Jonesboro with our ETA.
5th grade's Human Growth and Development Talk is this Tuesday, May 10th. Permission slips need to be turned in as soon as possible.
The 4th quarter requirement of 4 chapter books read and tested on must be completed by this Friday, May 13th.
Scholastic book orders are due by this Wednesday, May 11th. This will be the last order of the year.
The last day to charge lunches was Friday, May 6th. Students will not be allowed to charge their lunches for the rest of the school year. They will need to bring their lunch or pay for it each day.
Mrs. Davis & Mrs. Martin
IN MATH & SCIENCE:
- Science: We will study the planets.
- Math: We will work on equations and order of operations.
- We have implemented a new web-based curriculum called MobyMax in our classrooms. MobyMax is tailored to your child's individual needs, and we think you will be very impressed by how fast your child will excel while using Moby. Students will be responsible for logging in practice time. Students need to complete 1 round of Fact Fluency (unless they have 100% in all four categories) and 10 minutes of Individualized Math Lessons. The students might want to set a timer.
- Students can continue to work on Khan Academy and Front Row Math.
- Weekly Reading Log: 20 minutes of reading, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's reading grade)
- Weekly MobyMax Log: 1 round of Fact Fluency and at least 10 minutes of Math, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's math grade)
- Students will most always have math homework every night through the week, Fridays and weekends off.
Mon. May 9: Junior Achievement Field Trip
Tues. May 10: Human Growth and Development Talk
Wed. May 11: Color Run Celebration (3 demerits or less)
Fri. May 13: Luau - Ticketed Event
Mon. May 16: 5th Grade Boys Club Field Trip
Tues. May 17: Talent Show Rehearsal / D.A.R.E. Graduation
Wed. May 18: Talent Show
Thurs. May 19: 5th Grade Awards Assembly (10:00 a.m.)
Fri. May 20th: 5th Grade Reward Trip - Wild River Country
Thurs. May 26: Last Day of School (dismiss @ 10:30 a.m.)