PCSD - Dutch Connection
News and notes from the Pella Community School District
Maximizing Life's Opportunities for Every Child.
Congratulations to this year's PCSD retirees!
Open School Board Seat
PCSD has an open seat on the school board; a 2-year position, effective immediately.
- This is a District 1 seat to be filled by a resident living in the purple area on the District Map.
If you are interested in collaborating with stakeholders to create a shared vision and foster a positive learning culture, consider a seat on the board. Please contact Greg Ebeling for more information.
Three Changes Coming to Infinite Campus.
- A NEW look for the parent portal: Campus Parent.
We will change to the new format on June 17, 2019.
- A NEW look for the Campus Parent App (see flyer)
This is a new and improved mobile app. Download your free app for real-time access to grades, assignments, attendance, schedules, announcements and more.
- A NEW look for online payments (see flyer)
Look for an email next month detailing the changes to Infinite Campus.
Summer Safety and Security Plans
- Initiating an automated visitor management system.
- Installing 70 cameras to district buildings. A majority of the cameras will be installed inside of buildings, providing additional coverage to hallways and open spaces.
- Installing cameras in school buses; all buses will now be equipped with a camera.
- Madison parking lot will undergo construction, providing separate entrance/exit locations for vehicles and buses.
- Installing safety and security window film throughout the district.
- Research an option to equip all district phones with an emergency alert button that will initiate safety procedures in each building.
Career opportunities at PCSD.
Join Our Transportation Team
Add your name to the sub list!
*not required for assoc sub
Contact the School Board
We encourage you to contact our board members with input and questions. Board members can be reached by email:
Open Seat - Please contact Greg Ebeling if you are interested in becoming a school board member.