Oneonta Orcas Newsletter
August 9, 2021
Para traducir este boletin, favor de hacer clic en el icono en donde parece una persona a su mano derecha.
Dear Oneonta Families,
We would like to provide all families with a COVID-19 Protocol update. We continue to ensure our students are safe while attending school for in-person instruction during this pandemic. This school year, our district will be following the specific protocols below recommended by the California Department of Public Health below:
COVID-19 Positive Student Cases
- If a student (symptomatic or asymptomatic) is determined to be positive for COVID-19, that student must remain at home for 10 days and return to school on the 11th day if symptoms have improved. The student MUST be cleared by our school nurse prior to returning to school.
COVID-19 Close Contacts
- If your child is considered a close contact, you will be notified by our school nurse.
- If your child is asymptomatic, he/she shall follow the Close Contact 10-day monitoring protocol: (Your child may remain at school for in-person instruction, MUST provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test taken 2 times a week (Each 3 days apart), and NOT participate in extracurricular activities.)
Antigen testing will be available on site by appointment only. All testing requires written parent consent. Instant test results will be made available to parents approximately 15 minutes after the administration of the antigen test.
- If your child cannot provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test, they may return to school on Day 11, no test required.)
Any student having COVID-19 symptoms should remain at home until symptoms improve. It is strongly recommended that students get COVID testing prior to returning to school. If your child tests positive for COVID-19, please inform our school nurse immediately so that we can inform close contacts as soon as possible.
Important: Every student's situation is different, so your child may be asked to follow a different protocol not listed in this newsletter.
Please feel free to contact our school nurse, Megan Martinez at (619) 628-8600 if you have questions.
Lupe Solis, Principal
- ALL students MUST arrive to school with a mask and wear it indoors.
- ALL Parents/Visitors MUST wear a mask when entering our campus and waiting at the drop-off and pick-up designated areas.
- ALL gates will open at 7:30 a.m. for students who will be eating breakfast in the cafeteria. Students who will not be participating in the breakfast program may arrive at 7:45 a.m.
- School starts at 8:00 a.m., so to secure our campus and keep all students safe, all gates will close at 8 a.m. All students who arrive late to school will need to stop at the office for a late slip. "If you are NOT at the GATE by EIGHT, you are LATE."