Career Center Weekly Update
February 15, 2016
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
I. JOB OPENINGS AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Student Essay Scorer
Georgia Center for Assessment
Deadline: March 11
The Georgia Center for Assessment at the University of Georgia is seeking college graduates to score student assessments in Athens. Must have four-year college degree and be available Monday through Friday (30-40 hours per week). Expected project dates: April 11 - May 5, 2016. Visit http://gca.coe.uga.edu/ for information and application.
Interning in New York City? Where Are You Going To Live?
Consider Educational Housing Services!
All EHS Residences Feature:
- Furnished Rooms with Private Bathrooms
- Free: WIFI, Cable TV, and Air Conditioning
- 24-Hour Security, Complimentary Sightseeing Events and more!
Have an unforgettable summer living with interns from around the world. Call EHS for more information at (888) 255-0296 or visit http://studenthousing.org/and/university
II. UPCOMING EVENTS
Programs this week:
Tuesday, February 16th
3:30 - 5:00pm
Clark Howell Hall, Room 264 Computer Lab
*Open to first and second year students only
Tuesday, February 16th
5:00 - 6:00pm
Thursday, February 18th
6:00 - 7:30pm
Monday, February 22nd
5:00 - 6:00pm
Career Advice from Business Alumni
Tuesday, February 23rd 12:00-1:00pm
Students, get connected to alumni in various business fields to find out how to make the most of your college experience, prepare for interviews, and land that dream job! You can chat with up to six alumni in an hour period, all online!Click here to register!
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Rules for Success for Millennials: 15 Ways You Can Conquer Your Career Path
The lay of the land for today’s millennials is unique, where the very definition of success is in the eye of the beholder. As different as these ideas and goals may be, the fundamental rules to get there are very much the same. If you yourself are a millennial professional, follow these guidelines to help you reach that success no matter what your ultimate endgame is. And if you’re already well on your way to success, share these best practices with the ambitious young professionals in your life. Chances are you’ll even find something in it for yourself.
Read the entire article on Womenetics.com.
Job Applicant Pitfalls
Unless you are a zoologist or a posterior anatomist, the word “asses” is not a word that you would generally want to use in your CV, résumé or cover letter. I am a zoologist, but I still haven’t found a good excuse to use this. I do talk about chickens a lot (an awful lot), but fortunately my research focused on laying hens, and so I never had to talk about the male birds.
Read the entire article on InsideHigherEd.com.
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.