Miss. McNeil & Mrs. Williams
Week of April 27th
Good morning parents & students,
Here is an example of a School at home schedule if you need it:
7:30: Wake up, breakfast
8:30: Physical movement (walk, soccer, bikes, dancing on YouTube)
9:30: Academics (Teacher provided packets, and/or online work *see below)
10:30: Create (legos, drawing, painting, ets)
1:00: Relax (rest, music, Reading, nap, educational videos)
2:00: Academics (Teacher provided packets, and/or online work *see below)
We will be making contact with you weekly to check how things are going. If you need to contact us, our emails are below.
Miss McNeil & Mrs. Williams
email@example.com (Miss. McNeil)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Mrs. Williams)
Reading & Math
- Practice sight words, syllables, reading and rhyming using the following YouTube videos.
- Practice blending and/or writing CVC (consonant, vowel, consonant words).
- Read with someone (or listen to someone read).
- Choose 2 decodable books to practice this week.
- Watch the following videos to practice the long I sound. I_E; bike, kite, bite
- Pages: 37-40 you get to look at a 10 frame and write your own equations. (This tube video may be helpful.)
- Listen to the story, "I love bugs!" https://youtu.be/xEJ10k1_Fjg
- Monday-Thursday do the writing activities on pages 21-24 in the Yellow Reading companion notebook.
- If you would like to do pages 13-20 on your own you may. There are no you tube version of the story.
Online lessons: (Go through Clever to access I-station, scholastic, & Epic only. 30-45 minutes a day on app of your choice)
- Istation (logon through Clever)
- Scholastic (through Clever)
- Epic (logon through Clever)
- xtramath https://xtramath.org/. *Do not go through Clever for the following sites.
- Mystery Science: https://mysteryscience.com/school-closure-planning
This is a great resource for all students in grades K-5 and it is absolutely free. Click on "Daily Lessons by Grade." Find your child's grade level and you will find daily activities
for the week. You will find math, reading, science, and technology. They have several
worksheets for your child to do. If you don't have a printer, your child can simply work out the problems on a sheet of paper!
Don't forget to go back to Bickel's smore page and check out more fun lessons:
- BLOCK (Music, Library, P.E.)
- Title 1 (Mrs. Ault)
If you need more tangle work for your child below is a link to education.com
There are printable worksheets.