Beautiful but harmful
The Pencil Cactus looks like a cactus, but it's actually a plant that grows in the form of a shrub or tree. It is also called Milk Bush because of its white sap. It originated from tropical areas of Africa and India and can grow to 30 feet tall in a natural environment. The sap from this plant produces a poisonous latex that can be hazardous.
The sap from the Pencil Cactus can be highly toxic to some people and causes a severe allergic reaction. However, most reactions are a burning or irritation of the skin. If the sap is rubbed into the eye, the burning is much worse and could even result in blindness.