an eating disorder
What is it?
Anorexia is an eating disorder that causes those affected to obsess over food and how much they weigh.
- distortion of body image
- may not have anything to do with binge eating or purging
- inability to recognize severity of the situation
- one might deny hunger
- one might "play" with their food rather than eat it
- large fear of weight gain
- refusal to stop losing weight
- one might exercise excessively
- there is no way to console a person and convince them they are not fat
- 90-95% are women