Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
November 16, 2015
Mrs. Krapinski's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @Skrapinski
Upcoming Dates to Remember
November 20 - PTO Spirit Day - Hat and Crazy socks
November 25-27 Thanksgiving Break
December 1 - 3rd grade newsletter club
- Verb Test - Wednessday, November 18
- Spelling Test - Thursday, November 19
- Vocabulary Test - Friday, November 20
- Morning Work Quizzes for LA/Math - Fridays
SWIP/RAH Due on Friday, November 20
Thank you SO MUCH for supporting the library and reading in our school! Our class was able to raise enough to really help out our library and each student chose one book they were interested in to add to our collection. Thank you to all of you for looking in the cushions and emptying out the change from the bottom of your purse!
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 5 Art
- Tuesday- Day 6 P.E.
- Wednesday- Day 1 Music
- Thursday- Day 2 Art
- Friday- Day 3 P.E. Book Fair Shopping 2:00
News From Mr. Cushman
The Gobblers Jog 5K is right around the corner! The event runs through the
beautiful Saxony Residential and Business area. The Gobblers Jog has quickly
become an Indianapolis area favorite, and supports several area food banks.
More information is posted under the Royal Report heading on our webpage
AND a link was on the Royal Report email. Try the links below as well!
Start your Thanksgiving off with some fun and fitness!
Full information attached and at: www.goldeneventpro.com
Register at: Gobblers Jog Registration
Follow on Facebook for updates, and other information:
What's Happening in Mrs. Krapinski's Class
- We have finished our book clubs and have moved on to a whole class novel, Because of Winn Dixie. Ask your child about what we are reading and discussing in our small group. I do know there is a movie connected to this novel, I plan on showing this after we are done with this lesson to compare and contrast between the two.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue discussing cause and effect and begin looking at sequence of events in a story.
- We will also be looking at how actions and words help us understand the characters in a story.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
MATH MEDICS (3rd)
- We will continue learning about the concept of division and look at ways to solve a division problem.
- We will look at how multiplication and division are related.
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
MASTER MATHERS (4th)
- Students have begun Topic 9. This unit will focus on finding whole number quotients and remainders with up to four digit dividends and one digit divisors.
- We will begin to explore nonfiction authors and the reasons for writing a nonfiction book.
- We will continue to write about topics of our choice.
We finished up our labs and a lot of fun conducting experiments using the scientific method.
We will begin our Economy Inquiry Unit, where the students will learn about the economy through hands-on learning experiences. They will work in a group to decide on a business idea, write a business plan, produce a product, make an advertisement, and sell their items at a Market Day event.
Look for more details coming soon!!