Room 212 News #32
May 8, 2016
Thank you for Teacher Appreciation Week!
- Monday - finish NWEA and make-ups
- Thursday - Field Trip to Kensington (need sack lunch/drink) Please let me know if your child will need a sack lunch from school so I can place the order.
Kensington Trip - Thursday
This is a full day trip (9:30-2:30). We will spend most of the trip outside. Please dress your child for the weather.
Also, remember to pack a lunch and drink. If your child will get a sack lunch from school, please let me know by Monday so I can order it. Lunch must still be nut-free.
A decision to cancel the trip due to weather conditions will generally not be made until the morning of, so please send your student ready, even if it is cold or wet.
Solid Shapes and Equal Parts
We also looked at solid shapes. We'll look at the flat and curved surfaces of these shapes, as well as the vertices and edges. Students will continue to build with three dimensional blocks and become more familiar with their mathematical names.
The Great Pencil Challenge!
Lunch with a Loved One
Fact Families on a Triangle
Dates to Remember:
- 5/12 PTO meeting at Pattengill 6pm
- 5/18 Lunch with Loved One at Bryant (19th at Patt)
- 5/20 Henry Ford Museum Field Trip
- 5/20 6:00 - 8:30 Ice Cream Social at Pattengill
- 5/26 7pm First Grade Spring Sing concert - art/tech show before!