WABE Quarterly Newsletter Nov. 2022
Washington Association for Bilingual Education
WABE Vision Statement
Strengthen mindsets and practices that validate, affirm, and build on students’ cultural and linguistic identities. Promote rigorous accessible instruction for multilingual learners that integrates content, language, and literacy through intentional collaboration. Amplify the voices and experiences of multilingual students, educators, and families. Expand opportunities for heritage, tribal and dual language programs.
WABE Mission Statement
The mission of WABE is to promote inclusive and asset-based mindsets, systems, and practices that elevate multilingual learners.
Upcoming WABE Conferences or Institutes
Recent Multilingual News, Research, Posts...
- Bilingual Double Vision
- Heritage language education in Australia and Sweden
- The Bilingual Brain
- Emergent bilinguals lost vital instruction during remote learning, study shows
- English Learners Make Significant Gains in Reading Despite Pandemic Disruptions
- Supporting Our Youngest Dual Language Learners
- DOT installs first dual-language highway signs in Menominee language