January 22nd, 2021
We hope this newsletter finds you wrapping up another successful week of remote learning.
This week, we made some exciting announcements here at Eaton! The staff nominated and voted on our next Teacher, Paraeducator, and Olympian staff members of the year for the 2021-2022 school year, and then we revealed the winners in a virtual awards ceremony on Wednesday afternoon. We are thrilled to share the news with you all as well:
Teacher of the Year
Para of the Year
Olympian of the Year
Wishing a big CONGRATULATIONS to all winners!
Looking ahead to next week, we are thrilled to welcome our AA students back on Monday and Tuesday, followed by our BB students on Thursday and Friday. Of course there'll be synchronous opportunities each day for all remote students to connect and learn from their teachers and peers in a meaningful way.
Just a few reminders about attendance going into a new week:
- If your child attends in-person, they must be in the building on their assigned AA/BB day in order to be counted present.
- When learning remotely, students must attend all synchronous sessions and complete all daily work to be counted present.
Thank you for your continued support and encouragement. We appreciate all that you do! Please reach out with questions and concerns.
Enjoy your weekend!
Heather Byers, Principal
Brent Hall, Assistant Principal
Calling All Intent Forms!
Check out the video below from Ms. Mitchell and Mr. Hall that provides more information about the book club.
Click HERE to access the reading calendar and schedule for the entire month. If your child attends in-person, a paper copy of this calendar will be sent home next week. Reach out to Ms. Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Hall (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Parents & Families: You received an information sheet earlier in the year from Ms. Parson about this online portal through which you can access your child's artwork. It can also be shared with family members and friends so they can view and comment on the artwork. What a great way to connect with friends and relatives in other cities, or in our city, that you might not be connecting with as you normally would during this time. Those connected to your child's account can even comment on the artwork and purchase items with your child's artwork displayed on them! If you need another access code, reach out to Mrs. Parson and she'll be happy to help (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Use the link below to access our school's page and view artwork samples in each category.
Thank you Mrs. Parson for facilitating the creation of such great art work by our Olympians!
A Message from the Media Center:
Students in remote learning can still check out books from the Eaton library. These students can complete the Google Form on Ms. Mitchell's website to request books. She will pull them, check them out, and place them outside the front door on Wednesdays. Books will be bagged and labeled with student names. There will also be a book return bin for books that need to be returned. Students may check out 2 books at a time. Please email Ms. Mitchell at email@example.com if you have any questions.
*In-person students will continue with book checkout procedures used in Plan B before.
- Students should be able to open/close doors on their own, so keep practicing at home if they can't yet.
- Students should be able to buckle and unbuckle on their own. This will keep the traffic flow moving quickly in the mornings and afternoons.
- If needed, pull forward slowly as your child buckles and stop at the very front of the sidewalk (in front of mailbox) in order to keep traffic moving.
- Watch for staff and they will let you know if it's safe to pull up/around.
- Please help your child learn their dismissal number assigned with their last name on the transportation card provided at the beginning of the year.
Student Support Team:
Important Upcoming Dates
Monday, January 25th:
- Students return to AA/BB schedule in Plan B.
- Hey Day: Students attending in person will all wear name tags (provided at school) to build community and encourage staff and students to call each other by their name.
Thursday, January 29th:
- Hey Day for BB students
- Intent forms due for all students (see info above)
This is the schedule for remote learning and the grading rubric for the itinerant team at Eaton.
This links to our Eaton website, where new links have been added. It will continue to be updated throughout Plan B and as we transition back on January 25th.
Our School's Why:
To create an inclusive culture through modeling and collaboration that challenges student thinking in new and innovative ways.
We are creating a nurturing school community that prepares the whole child to be a problem solver, critical thinker, and empathetic global citizen.
Empowerment, Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Celebration