ELD Department News
Keeping YOU in the know!
Professional Development Opportunities through WIDA and CDE
CDE is offering two exciting FREE opportunities below, and relicensure credit is available. I have registered for the Formative Assessment workshop taking place on June 3rd and 4th. Please let me know if you plan to attend either or both. As you will see, space is limited!
The Colorado Department of Education’s Office of English Language Development is pleased to announce two professional development opportunities for Colorado educators, including ELD and general content teachers, ELD coordinators, and district staff.
WIDA will be offering three, two-day sessions of the following topics:
· Use of Formative Assessment to Drive Instruction presented by Leticia Trower, and
· ELD Standards in Action: Collaboration presented by Don Bouchard and Allyson Newton.
Heather Villalobos Pavia from the Assessment office at CDE will also present* during lunch on ACCESS for ELLs Teacher Report Interpretations.*Except the June 9-10 Workshop
The workshops will be held from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Participants must attend both days. CDE will provide lunch, as well as coffee in the morning and water throughout the day.
Participation is determined on a first-come, first-served basis. Register today!
Use of Formative Assessment to Drive Instruction Workshops – Max.30 participants
· May 4-5 – Centennial BOCES Boardroom, 2020 Clubhouse Dr., Greeley, CO 80634
· May 21-22 – Northwest BOCES Boardroom, 325 7th St., Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
· June 3-4 – Clayton Early Learning Center, Wade Auditorium, 2nd Floor, 3801 Martin Luther King Blvd., Denver, CO 80205
ELD Standards in Action: Collaboration Workshops – Max. 40 participants
· May 7-8 – Montrose School District Boardroom, 930 Colorado Ave., Montrose, CO 81401
· May 27-28 – Pueblo City, Paragon Alternative School PD Room 14,3000 Lakeview Ave., Pueblo, CO 81003
· June 9-10 – Clayton Early Learning Center, Wade Auditorium, 2nd Floor, 3801 Martin Luther King Blvd., Denver, CO 80205
For more details, click here!
For Your Reference
Increase your Googliness!
Google translate has changed - download the app and translate conversations, documents, webpages, and more!! (Thanks Allena!)
Booktrack (free in the Google Play app store) allows people of all ages to read books with a soundtrack that supports the context, promotes increased reading fluency (and you can adjust the words per minute!!). Apps include a library that includes adult literature, and one for the classroom.
Read&Write for Google - now FREE for teachers! Offers translation, voice to text, and MUCH more! (Thanks Jen!)
Support Sessions: All Support Sessions are reflected on the ELD Calendar.
- CANCELLED March 20, 2015, 9:00-3:00, West Support Center
- April 9, 2015, 12:00-4:30, West Support Center
- May 8, 2015, 9:00-3:00, West Support Center
ELD Department Meeting:
- April 22, 2015, 12:00-3:00, HOPE Online Learning Center
ESL Family Outreach:
- April 21, 2015, A Step Ahead Preschool Outreach: Keep an eye out for the flier for your incoming families!
- April 30, 2015, Rocky Heights Middle School
- Shipped to districts April 22-25, 2015