Kyle Crippa, Pd 7
- Filling balloons to make them fly.
- Welding when argon is too expensive.
- inert gas shield for arc.
- pressurizing liquid fuel rockets.
- Second most abundant element in the universe.
- Monoatomic gas.
- Noble gas.
- 0.0005% in atmosphere.
- Atomic number is 4.
- No biological role in living things.
- Contained in some minerals.
- important component in the proton-proton reaction.
- common in hotter stars.
- obtained from wells in western worlds supply.
- Density of solid: 214 kg m‑3
- Melting point: 0.95 K (Kelvin)
- Boiling point: 4.22 K (Kelvin)
- Does not react with air or water.
- earth’s gravity can’t hold on to it.
- discovered in suns atmosphere.
- became available in 1928 on open market.