NPPS Communications Update
Tina Smith ~ September 25, 2020
For Internal Use Only
The goal of this publication is to communicate district-level initiatives with you.
We ask that this only be shared with district employees as you see fit.
A Glimpse From This Week
- NPPS continues to be in the orange status for our plans and playbooks.
- Social distancing, Face-Covering, and Hygiene remain vital to keeping our schools open.
- Face-Covering is required until further notice. We will re-evaluate this before school returning on January 6, 2021.
- We are working with WCDHD on each COVID case presented to our schools.
- Media, media, media~ KNOP and the Telegraph will cover the installation of the Buffalo Early Childhood Outdoor Classroom, this Saturday. I will continue to visit schools and share stories about our students and showcase the fantastic opportunities at NPPS!
- NDE Seeks Public Input on NE English Language Art Standards.
- Brené Brown shares tips on leadership, anxiety, and emotional health during stressful times.
- Nominations are open, until Monday, September 28th for Featured Staff and Students.
- Sunday Spotlight Early Edition - The NPPS Budget
- Student records can be found in IC under the Cumulative File tab (see below for instructions).
- Word of the Day by Merriam-Webster, scroll to the bottom to check it out.
- I Love Public Schools announces events for this year. Check out the films that are currently available and get ready for Episode Three Featuring North Platte.
- Encourage families and staff to download and use a COVID-19 self-check app, such as the 1-Check COVID App.
Imagine - John Lennon & The Plastic Ono Band (w the Flux Fiddlers) (official music video HD long v)
Happy September ~ Thank you, you are valued and appreciated!
NDE SEEKING PUBLIC INPUT ON NEBRASKA ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS STANDARDS
The Nebraska Department of Education is seeking input from the public on the 2014 Nebraska English Language Arts Standards. The information collected will be used as part of the standards review and revision process. The revision process is expected to be completed by Fall 2021.
State law requires updates to the English Language Arts standards every seven years. Once approved by the State Board of Education, the standards create the framework for English Language Arts education in Nebraska.
Nebraska content area standards reflect the knowledge and skills students are expected to learn in a given content area. By setting clear benchmarks for learning, content area standards provide guidance to teachers as they develop learning experiences. Standards do not prescribe particular curriculum, lessons, teaching techniques, or activities. Decisions about curriculum and instruction are made locally by individual school districts and classroom teachers.
The 2014 Nebraska English Language Arts Standards survey is available at: https://nde.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_41Iu9hTERmyspYV.
How to cope with grief, fear and anxiety during Corona | Brené Brown | SVT/TV 2/Skavlan
Emotional understanding and emotional literacy is a irreducible prerequisite for courageous leadership. ~ Brené Brown
Brené Brown talks about how to deal with emotions such as grief, fear, and anxiety during Coronavirus times. Watch Fredrik Skavlan interview Brown in this Coronavirus special series, «SKAVLAN + 1».
Topics also include servant leadership and how when we function during tense situations. The tips discussed in this interview can be applied at any stage of life, not just Coronavirus.
Brené Brown ~ Empathy vs. Sympathy
"Wanna Sandwich?" or "I'm Glad You Told Me."
Click the video below.
Featured Student & Staff Nominations are Now Open!
Please complete this form to nominate any NPPS employee as our featured staff member. These people will be highlighted in our monthly Superintendent Briefing.
Qualifications of a featured person:
Someone who is kind, thoughtful, helpful, grateful, creative, innovative, caring, fun/funny, or selfless
Someone who makes the ordinary extraordinary, even if for just one person
This can be someone who has been caught in a random act or continuously carries out a qualifying trait repeatedly.
Sunday Spotlight - Early Edition
A big thank you goes to each of you for your support, input, and collaboration.
Information can be found on our website by clicking here Welcome Center.
Who Should Visit: Anyone who wishes to register for Pre-Kindergarten - 12th grade, Anyone who has questions about registration or enrollment, or Anyone seeking more information about any NPPS campus.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. or by appointment
Contact Information: Phone - (308) 696-3310, Fax - (308) 252-1043, Email - email@example.com
Location: 301 West F Street, North Platte, Nebraska, 69101