Issue 16 Volume 2
Working on the work!
Let's keep the momentum going! Working and collaborating with each other will pay off at the end! Thank you for working towards the 100% goal for parent conferences! Keeping parents informed is a key part for student success!
I would also like to say thank you for your work with the students in your classrooms. It is very evident that you have set your expectations with your students and parents. Please continue with your work and be consistent with your students. I am grateful for all of your efforts and for every single one of you.
Lesson Plan Collaboration
This week's meeting was even better than the last!
Let's keep moving towards excellence!
- Kinder- Reading- Fiction; prediction and story elements- Math count one more or one less in sets Science- objects in the sky such as moon
- 1st- Reading-Relating to personal experience and inferencing Math- Time- Writing-Personal Narrative Science-Clouds
- 2nd -Reading Character Traits/draw conclusions- Writing- Personal Narrative- Math -Measurement Science-measuring weather
- 3rd- Reading- main idea and drawing conclusions Math-Fractions Writing- Personal Narrative Science- rapid changes
- 4th- Reading -Drama Writing-Revising and Editing Science- Weathering and erosion
- 5th- Reading-Literary Elementary Writing-Autobiographies Science-Erosion
Every week you meet with your grade level to discuss lesson plans there are essential items that need to occur:
1) Timeliness (sense of urgency) - All grade levels need to quickly regroup in your rooms after you drop off your kids to maximize your time.
2) Lesson plans- Everyone needs a copy of the lesson plans and DOL's for this meeting to enhance collaboration.
3) Materials- Please bring materials with you that will help you understand the lesson plans, such as books to be read and used, and teacher editions, whatever is applicable.
Having these items up and present will help with your facilitation of your collaboration.
Week at a Glance
Week of January 18th
8:00- Speech ARD- Ambriz
8:45- ARD- Dawson
11:00- ARD- Clements
1:30- ARD- Villarreal
1:00 Principals' Meeting
1:30 CIC Meeting
3:20- Guided Math- Ms. Hardwick's Room 223
3:20- Remaining Faculty PD in Library4:00 Parent Conferences
01/22-Friday- Lesson Plan Collaboration Time
9:00- Kindergarten In-house Field Trip
4A-Melany Davila's Artwork to be presented at the Board of Trustee Meeting! Great Job!
5th grade Science
Ms Oakry's Class Studying Fossils
4th grade Math
Ms. Kern'sClass working on Reflex Math Program
3rd grade Science
Let's Create Landforms!