Upper Dublin in Review...
Legislative Meeting Briefs - December 2020
UDSD Board of School Directors
Dr. Darlene Davis, President; Mr. Jeffrey Wallack, Vice President
Ms. Amy Francek, Mr. Michael Henderson, Ms. Jennifer Iannitti, Dr. Art Levinowitz,
Mr. Stanley Ropski, Ms. Titia Scherpbier, Mr. Mark Sirota
President's Welcome and Reports to the Board of School Directors
- President's Welcome - Dr. Davis welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Student Government Association Report - Daniel Caplan reported on various happenings at the high school.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Yanni presented his monthly Superintendent's Report. Click here to read the full report.
- UDHS Student Athletic and National Merit Recognition
- Returning to in-person instruction
Recommended Action Items for Approval
Education Committee Recommendations
- Curriculum - The Board approved conferences and approved representational consent of assessments.
Finance Committee Recommendations (includes Operations and Transportation)
- Routine Matters - The Board approved routine matters such as the review of the Treasurer's Report, the list of bill payments, budgetary transfers, and settlement stipulations for tax assessments.
- Other Matters - The Board approved a change order from Skepton Construction for COVID related costs, the Act 1 Budget Opt-Out Resolution, and a contract to increase internet bandwidth in the District.
Personnel Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the personnel report, inclusive of appointments, retirements and resignations, leaves of absence, changes of status, and extracurriculars.
- Other matters - The Board also approved the appointment of the new Assistant Principal at the high school, Mr. Philip Chang.
Other Business and Reports
- The Board approved the calendar for the 2021-2022 school year and two EAC reports ("Project-Based Learning" and "GRIT") were accepted by the Board.
- Liaison Committee Reports - Reports from Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, Montgomery County Legislative Committee, Eastern Center for Arts & Technology, Equity and Empowerment Steering Committee, Educational Advisory Committee, Pennsylvania School Boards Association, Upper Dublin Township, and Upper Dublin Education Foundation.
- Solicitor's Report - Mr. Diasio reported that the Board met in Executive session prior to the Legislative Meeting to discuss personnel matters and litigation.
Community Input and Follow-Up Comments
- Returning to in-person learning