EQ: Should parents be able to get their child back?
- It has become a money-making business.
- In 1994 congress passed the Multi ethnic Placement Act (MEPA) to allow different raced parents to adopt a different raced child.
- In 1970 legal and social attitudes has changed majorly which changed the adoption process.
- Unmarried women would give up their babies just for money.
- Between 1950 and the mid-1970s, Asian children had the most international adoptions in the United States.
- Some birth parents just disappear.
- The baby shouldn't have happened so they got rid of the baby.
- They just dont want to take care of the baby.
- The parents could be too young.
- Some religions might not allow people to have a child.
- The kid could feel rejected.
- The child could also feel like a part of them is missing.
- If the parent and kid meet they could have a difficult decision.
- When the child becomes a teen they could start to feel lonely.
- It may be difficult for the adopted children to accept the adoptive family as their own.
Answer to EQ
Adoption Words. Digital image. Nightlight Christians Adoptions. N.p., 18 Oct. 2008. Web. 8 Jan. 2016.
Adoption: When Problems Occur with Birthparents." - FamilyEducation.com. Sandbox Networks, Inc., n.d. Web. 08 Jan. 2016.
"Reasons Parents Give Their Babies Up for Adoption." LIVESTRONG.COM. LIVESTRONG.COM, 18 June 2015. Web. 08 Jan. 2016.
"The Effects of Adoption on Children." LIVESTRONG.COM. LIVESTRONG.COM, 21 Oct. 2013. Web. 08 Jan. 2016.
"Negative Effects of Adoption." Adoption. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Jan. 2016.
"Effects of Adoption." Buzzle. Buzzle.com, n.d. Web. 08 Jan. 2016.
Sad girl. Digital image. AdorableTab. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Jan. 2016.
Nursery. Digital image. The Christian Science Monitor. N.p., 14 Mar. 2010. Web. 8 Jan. 2016.