School Counselor Share Shop
As decided at the spring meeting, we will also be studying the book, "Mindset" by Carol Dweck, since the mindset philosophy figures so predominantly in the new school counseling standards being introduced by the American School Counselor Association.
Additionally, time will be spent at each meeting "sharing" with regional colleagues about what's happening with school counseling in your school district.
Please mark your calendar for the other Share Shops scheduled for the upcoming year (registration information will be e-mailed closer to the event):
- January 6, 2016 - Jennifer Meuhlenkamp, Associate Professor of Psychology at UWEC will present on non-suicidal self injury.
- April 27, 2016 - Sue McKenzie from Roger's Memorial Hospital will present on "warm handoff", when school counselors refer student to community counseling.
Tuesday, Nov. 24th, 8:30am-3pm
725 West Park Avenue
Chippewa Falls, WI
- Updates on Academic and Career Planning.
- Updates on the Wisconsin Safe and Healthy Schools Center.
- Study the book, "Mindset", by Carol Dweck.