LWTHS Mustang Message
A Message from the Principal Yolanda Flores. . .
Congratulations to teachers Stephanie Scott (Algebra I and Geometry) and Ed Laudise (10th grade World History) for being named Golden Apple recipients. It was wonderful to hear the press, community members and Champions for Learning staff and volunteers sing the praises of our school and staff members as they walked through our halls when delivering the Golden Apples. Although there are too many positive comments to share all of them, here are a few that were heard; "I love this school." " How have you managed to have so many great teachers and Golden Apples?" " We love coming here." "Collier County needs more schools like this one." "This is the most welcoming school, it's different than the others." Kudos to our Golden Apples and all of you for making LWIT/LWTHS stand out above the rest.
And finally, thank you to all the parents and students who came out to support the Fly-In, Cruise-In. The event's success is the culmination of many long hours and hard work which countless people dedicate to it. The various committees and the community ensured there were plenty of car and plane entries, sponsors, food, entertainment, attendees, and of course, marketing and volunteers to pull off the event. None of it would have been possible without the Naples Airport and the fabulous staff. Check out the Fly-In, Cruise-In photos posted by Ms. Coleman on Flickr or the ones posted by Mrs. Kentros on Facebook. Also, thank you Ms. Coleman for the video posted below. Special thanks to parents- Rhonda Venuto, Shiobhan Fox, Yadira Cisneros for volunteering all day on Saturday. All proceeds support scholarships for students.
Saturday’s event, with the perfect weather and the large turnout of people, including many of our former students, left no doubt that the community is behind us. Save the date – Saturday, March 5, 2016, the 5th Annual Fly-In, Cruise In.
We have the new FSA Assessment, EOC and FCAT schedule for students and parents. Please take note of the specific dates below.
*Dates may be subject to change
March 30-3: NGSSS FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake
March 31: NGSSS EOC Algebra 1 Retake
April 7: 9th & 10th grade FSA ELA Writing Make-Up
April 13-14: 9th grade FSA ELA Reading
April 16-17: 10th grade FSA ELA Reading
April 27-28 or May 4-5: FSA EOC Algebra 2
April 29-30 or May 11-12: FSA EOC Geometry
May 4-5: FSA EOC Algebra 1
May 7: AP Spanish Language
May 12: AP Spanish Literature
May 19: NGSSS EOC US History
May 19: NGSSS EOC Biology
May 20: NGSSS EOC Biology
CLUB SPOTLIGHT--THE ART CLUB
Congratulations to Leidi Osorio-Portillo for having her artwork selected for display in the lobby of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Administrative Center during the 2015 Superintendent's Art Gallery Night. She will be recognized and receive an award on March 30 by the Superintendent for her exemplary artistic talents.
- Parents please join us on April 9th from 6:45-8:00 a.m. for Pastries for Parents in our High School. We will serve pastries, coffee and juice and it will be an opportunity to come and enjoy breakfast.
- April 10th we have a "Glow Dance" for our students from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Class of 2015
- Seniors – reminder to order caps and gowns: www.gradproinc.com
- April 17th Class of 2015 – Grad Bash at Universal Studios. Seniors who have paid to attend must attend school on Friday, April 17th all day in order to go on the trip.
- Saturday, May 16th 2015 Prom at the Naples Beach Club beginning at 7 PM until 11 PM. Ticket price TBD.
Tuesday, May 26th Senior Parent Awards Banquet beginning at 6 PM. All seniors are encouraged to attend along with their parents. The academic awards will be presented as well as scholarships awarded.
• If your son / daughter will be absent, please call 377-3305 Sabrina Medal.
• To request a teacher conference, please call Blanca Rodriguez at 377-3314.
• If you would like anything included in an upcoming newsletter, please email Laurie Lattarulo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• National Honor Society Members are currently tutoring students in a variety of Math subjects--If your child needs tutoring help, please contact Mrs. Cassio at 377-3335 or email email@example.com.
- Congratulations and a huge thank you is deserved for all of our families. LWTHS was awarded with the best attendance rate for high schools in Collier County.
SCHOOL ADVISORY COUNCIL
Our SAC Committee meets on the third Tuesday of each month from 6:00-7:00 PM in the principal's conference room at LWIT. We are taking the month of March off and the next meeting is April 21st. Everyone is invited to attend.