I hope this is helpful!
Take a look at these videos and examples:
Solving equations with fractions:
2 other suggestions for solving equations with fractions:
1) Turn all fractions into decimals and solve like you would with integers.
Subtract .25 from both sides of the equation
.3333x + .25 = .75
- .25 = -.25
.333x = .50
Divide both sides by .333 so x = =1.5
2) Multiply the equation by a number that will get rid of all of the denominators.
Writing the equation of a line given 2 points:
(3, 4) and (6, 10)
1) Find the slope (m). Change in the Ys over Change in the Xs
2) Pick one of the two points. It does not matter which one. I will chose (3, 4) because I like smaller numbers J
3) You now have a Y and an X and an M so you can substitute into the equation of a line y=mx+b
y = 4 x = 3 and m = 2
4= 2(3) +b
4 = 6 + b
-2 = b
So y=mx + b à y = 2x - 2
Finding the equation of a line given a point and a parallel line:
Finding the equation of a line given a point and a perpendicular line: