Weekly Notes for Staff October 10-16, 2015
Teaching and Learning the Falcon Way
Hurst Hills Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Vision: We’re the ones empowering students to achieve excellence!
Mission: As a Hurst Hills Falcon, I will soar to excellence by showing respect and responsibility, and challenging myself to reach my goals.
1. Do what is right
2. Perform with excellence
3. Respect others
!!SPECIAL MEETING NOVEMBER 10th!!
Lone Star Awards
Building will be open 8-5: Look for the Smiley Face
Columbus Day Holiday: No School for Students or Staff: Building Closed
Third Grade Planned Experiences 1/3
K-2 PM training after school (Register in Eduphoria)
Van Cliburn Musical Awakenings Program in Cafeteria at 1:30 Grades 2,3, & 4
Reading 3D Parent Night 6-7:30pm
Six Stones Night of Wonder Letters Go Home
Fire Safety Judging Today!
Second Grade Planned Experiences 1-4
Math CBA 1 Grade 2
Reading CBA 1 Grades 3-6
Third Grade Planned Experiences 2/4
Beth off Campus for Principal Meeting
Staff Meeting: Book Study Chapter 2
Shelter for Severe Weather Drill
Building open 8-5. Look for the smiley face
Red Ribbon Week
Progress Reports Go Home
Fifth Grade Field Trip
Beth off campus for Instructional Meeting
Team Coordinator Meeting/No Staff Meeting
Sixth Grade Field Trip
October 31-Nov. 1
Building Open 8-5: Look for the smiley face
Third Annual Chili Cookoff!
Red Ribbon Week
Hurst Hills Red Ribbon Week
Monday, October 26: “Pledge to Be Drug Free” – Wear Red
Tuesday, October 27: “Don’t Get Mixed Up in Drugs” – Wear
Wednesday, October 28: “Team Up Against Drugs” – Wear your
favorite team attire
Thursday, October 29: “Join the Fight Against Drugs” – Wear your
Friday, October 30: “Our Future is Too Bright to Do Drugs” –
Grades 3-6 – wear your college wear or dress as a career you
would like to do
Grades PK-2 – dress like a storybook character
*Dress code rules still apply; no toy weapons
Red Ribbon Service Project: Socktober!
Pull For Hope Jeans Pass
We are in need of volunteers for upper grades...so if you have not signed up (even for just one or two slots this year) please be a fabulous falcon, and help us out.:)
ARD Meeting Preparations
- Team Coordinators will receive the ARD Meeting invitation. Please discuss with your team which team member will represent your team at the meeting.
- Prepare and discuss proposed Accommodations Worksheets in advance, as a team. Submit only 1 worksheet to the special education teacher as a team. Initials for subject areas may be written to the side of the accommodations if accommodations are differentiated by subject area, but for the most part the proposed accommodations will be similar for all subject areas.
- Special education and general education teams should review/discuss PLAAFPS, proposed accommodations, and proposed testing prior to the ARD meeting to ensure that IEP recommendations are aligned before they are shared with the parent.
Bicycle Rodeo Grades 4-6
Wednesday, Nov. 4th, 6:30pm
3191 West Pipeline Road
Edugence RtI Videos have been loaded into HEB Curriculum in the RtI module under Training Materials.
RtI Tiers have been prepopulated in Edugence based on STAAR data from last year…
- Unsuccessful on STAAR Reading last year= Tier 2 Yellow Dot
- Scored below on Bridging Math= Tier 2 Yellow Dot
Remember Tier 3 Students (SpEd and 504) do not need to be tracked in Edugence, but they may have been prepopulated with a dot.
The next steps involve…
- Identifying Intensive or Strategic Tier 2 for these students
- Setting individual goals based on individual student needs and RtI tiers
- Beginning intervention according to RtI curriculum (Interventionists begin Sep. 14)
- Inputting progress monitoring data (Strategic every 3 weeks and Intensive every 2 weeks) **Blue Folders are no longer necessary. You can keep a folder to collect work samples or behavior charts until they are uploaded but data should be maintained in Edugence.
Congratulations to Lorena Cardenas, Mid-Cities Optimist Club HHE Student of the Year!
Congratulations to Karenia Holloway for her recent marriage!
I know that you all observe staff members going above and beyond on a daily basis to support students, fellow staff members, and the overall success of Hurst Hills. Please send in Kudos as you see them so that staff can be recognized for the things they do from day to day that make a difference. I would also love to share personal celebrations! Email your recognitions to Beth by Friday to be added to the weekly notes! If Beth uses your submission or you are the subject of a celebration, stop by the office for a special treat!