Troop E226 Weekly Update
Week of February 19, 2017
Important Dates and Schedules
Important Dates and Schedules:
2/25- D.P.S. Gala
2/27- 3/03- Read Across America Sign-Up
Monday: Music (10:00-10:40)
Tuesday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
Thursday: Music (10:00-10:40)
Friday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
Read Across America Sign-Up
Hello parents! Next week is Read Across America Week and I would love to have 1 parent come in as a Mystery Reader each morning. Sign-Up Here Unfortunately, we are not very flexible as far as the time to come in in order for us to keep our schedule the same. If you are able to come in one of the mornings, please type your name in the box for the day you are interested in. I try and keep it a mystery for the students, so please give me 3 clues about yourself that I can put on the board for the students to guess who it may be :) Please let me know if you will be bringing in your own book or if you will need a book from me.
*White or Colored Cardstock Paper
Next Week in the Classroom...
- Engineering is Elementary: Students will be learning about designing model membranes.
- Language Arts -Students will continue working on unit 6, Making Decisions. We have been reading and comparing folktales from around the world to analyze how characters solve problems. Students will be asked to identify the problem and solution in their stories and write a summary.
- Word Study- Students will be able to recognize and spell irregular plural forms of nouns.
- Math -In math, we will continue exploring fractions. Students will be able to explain any unit fraction (1/b) as one part of a whole. Students will learn what it means to be a fraction. We will explore fractions using manipulatives.
- Writing - Students will be focused on opinion writing this week and using text evidence to help support their opinion.
- 7 Habits - Habit 2 :Begin with the End in Mind. Can your student sing verses 1 and 2 of All the 7 habits? "Habit 2 Begin With the End in Mind, have a plan that you can see." We created new goals for Semester 2. Ask your child to share their digital Leadership Binders with you.