We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
February 5th, 2016
- We continued writing our expert books. We are almost finished with our drafts, and we are getting ready to revise and edit. Writing is so much fun!
- We learned about Groundhog's Day and made predictions about what we thought would happen. We were excited to find out that the groundhog did not see his shadow. Spring is on it's way!
- We also began learning about the Chinese New Year. Gung-Hay-Fat-Choy (Happy New Year)!
We have a busy week ahead...
- Wednesday, February 10th, is our 100th day of school. Don't forget to complete our special 100th day project!
- We are also celebrating Valentine's Day on Thursday, February 11th. Please see the letter I sent home regarding Valentine cards for more information. Thank you!
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: see and look. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We continued learning the following Amazing Words: arch, barn, blacksmith, celebration, soldier, and sprinted.
- We continued learning the following letters and sounds: Dd and Kk.
- In math, we began learning how to make numbers in different ways. For example, we learned that 4=1+3, 4=2+2, 4=4+0, etc.
Books we've read...
- George Washington Visits by Dennis Fertig
- Gretchen Groundhog, It's Your Day! by Abby Levine
- Lion Dancer by Kate Waters
- Sam and the Lucky Money by Karen Chinn
Fun Facts About Groundhogs!
Star of the Week
Lucas L. was our star student this week. We learned that Lucas loves to play sports and enjoys going on special vacations with his family. Lucas' show and tell (a robot cat) was a huge hit! We were intrigued to see what it could do and find out how it worked. Great job, Lucas!
Liam was our star student last week. He presented his poster to us on Monday. We learned that Liam loves his big family, going to the beach, and playing in the snow. Great job, Liam!
- The winter is bound to bring more absences. If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!