August 28, 2017
A Principal's Perspective
Have you been singing it? Rain, Rain, Go Away! Although we have had to delay the opening of the first day of school, a first day of great anticipation, I am thankful that our school family is safe. As we witness the devastation just miles down the road, what is truly inspiring is the willingness of people, often strangers, reaching out to help one another. The resilience of the human spirit is truly awe-inspiring and a great reminder of the importance of community. Our first day of school will come soon. I can't wait to begin the journey of a new school year with you as we build a positive, supportive and even resilient school community!
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties of the Week
Gym & Morning Assembly (7:20): Simmons
Gym (7:20): Neidig
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20*): Reed
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:30): Lake & Williams
Cafeteria (7:20): Marshall
Bus (7:15 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): Lewis
Librarian: at PC & GP
* Note duty time change for Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic. This provides one staff member on duty when we open the doors.
Week at a Glance
Campus Social Focus: Mustang Spirit (video link: https://youtu.be/dQoSWG8oMq4 ) S in Safety is the emphasis this week.
First Day of School: Kinder Parent Boo Hoo/Yah Hoo Breakfast 7:45-8:15
Thursday: 2nd (5:00-6:00), 3rd & 4th (6:00-7:00) Grade Parent Orientation
News & Notes
- GP has a Twitter account! Follow the school @greensprairie or GreensPrairieElem
- Parent car arrival/dismissal video: https://youtu.be/UhGS5DXuTH4 Thank you to the star-studded CAMP team for creating a helpful video for our parents!
Nuts & Bolts Updates
- Nuts & Bolts Presentation from August Staff Development:
- Morning Duty Times:
- Bus: 7:15 - Hold students at front door until 7:20.
- Morning Assembly, Gym, Cafeteria, Car Drop Off (direct traffic): 7:20
- GP Social & Emotional Learning Support Weebly for Staff link: http://gpsocialemotional.weebly.com/
PreK - 3rd Grade Levels: 200 Office Copies & 1,500 Teacher Workroom Copies
4th Grade - 200 Workroom Copies & 1,500 Office Copies
CAMP: 50 Workroom Copies & 500 Office Copies
Specialists: 100 Workroom Copies & 1,000 Office Copies
SPED: 100 Office Copies & 1,000 Teacher Workroom Copies
As you know, the copier does not limit your counts, Please be aware of your copy counts and budget accordingly. We receive a monthly report if you want to know more about your monthly copy counts. With all of us effectively managing our copy counts, we can manage our budget to additionally fund school/classroom supplies/activities instead of copies. This indeed is a great example of "It Takes a Village!"