21st Century Leadership
DSIL VC Session 8 | TUESDAY | 13 October @ 1pm Bangkok
Registered Participants: access the password at pax.dsilglobal.com
Featured Speaker: Rajiv Ball, Partner, THNK School of Creative Leadership
In this session Rajiv Ball will share key insights into what 21st century creative leadership encompasses- especially the 'explorative mindset' frame from the THNK School of Creative Leadership Model. He will cover the details of the context relevant model and discuss critical aspects of what it takes to build the 'self' and teams across cultures and organizational challenges.
Prior to the session be sure to reflect on the following:
- Why is passion and purpose critical for leadership?
- How do you maintain an explorative mindset?
- The Paradoxes of Creative Leadership; Rajiv Ball (THNK)
- 'Discovering Your Authentic Leadership'; Bill George, Peter Sims, Andrew N. McLean, and Diana Mayer(Harvard Business Review, 2007)
- 'What VUCA Really Means for You'; Nathan Bennett G, James Lemoine (Harvard Business Review, 2014)
101 - Introduction
- 'Three Skills Every 21st-Century Manager Needs'; Andrew L. Molinsky, Thomas H. Davenport, Bala Iyer, and Cathy Davidson. Harvard Business Review, 2012. Note- register for full access.
- Creative and Adaptive Leadership; Menno Van Dyke and Laurie Kemp (THNK)
- Need for Creative Leadership; Robert Wolfe, Mark Vernooij (THNK)
Your Next Steps!
Rajiv Ball, Partner, THNK School of Creative Leadership
Rajiv Ball's professional career has been shaped by the 13 years he spent at McKinsey & Company. For most of that time, he worked in oil and gas and retail – he used to travel the world, turning around gas station networks – before he found his passion in leadership development. During his last years at McKinsey, he was responsible for the leadership development of 1,500 Partners globally. Today he gets a tremendous high from working from his strengths and passions and building an institution – THNK – that will hopefully become a lasting legacy. Within THNK, he is responsible for the Quest (their leadership curriculum), as well as their Corporate Programs and new locations.
Rajiv's upbringing is international – his parents are Indian, and he grew up in a small town called Kitwe in Zambia, he went to school in the UK and has lived since that time in Ghana, Switzerland and now The Netherlands. He thrives in international environments and understanding and building relationships with people from different backgrounds from my own.
Outside work, he lives in The Hague with his German wife and two daughters. He is also a lecturer at the Haas School of Business at the University of California Berkeley where he teaches a number of leadership topics from design-thinking to story-telling to relationship-building. He left university with BA in History from the University of Cambridge and a MSc and PhD in Economic History/Development Economics from the London School of Economics.