May 15, 2017
A Principal's Perspective
I included this picture below of Joy and her mom, June. What a beautiful moment captured between a mom and her daughter. I also love this picture for several more reasons. First, it reminds us how treasured our moms are to each of us. It also reminds me that time is precious and the balance between work and family is so important. I hope that you enjoy your family this weekend as you celebrate Mother's Day. My mom is no longer here. But I am thankful for the wonderful memories that I can reflect upon that may cause a tear but also make me smile.
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties for the Week
Morning Assembly (7:20): Neidig
Gym (7:20): Lindner
Cafeteria (7:20): Eppes
Bus (7:15 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): Murphy
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20-7:50): Miller
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20-7:50): Cooper & J. Rhine
Counselor Schedule: Classroom Support
Week at a Glance
Monday: PreK/Life SKills/PPCD - Water Sensory Day
Tuesday: PE Golden Shoe Awards in Morning Assembly; No Faculty Meeting (What? Yes you read it correctly!); 3rd Grade Lemonade Day
Wednesday: 4th Grade to Adamson Lagoon; New Kinder Parent Tour 12:15; Lunch Lounge Wednesday- Eat in Lounge? Wear jeans & GP shirt; Specialists & Tech/Parr Office Hours 3:15-4:15; 3rd Grade Lemonade Day; A&M Method Student Applications Due for Fall
Thursday: New Kinder Parent Tour @ 7:30 am; School Improvement Planning Meeting 3:20 in Library; 3rd Grade Lemonade Day; LuLaRoe Vendor in Teacher's Lounge; CSISD Teacher Awards and Retirement Recognition 6:00 at Grace Church located across from Consol.
Friday: Kinder Superhero Day; Think Through Math & Happy Numbers Bahama Bucks Party; GP Staff and Family Party 6:00-9:00; This end of the year party is a great time to visit, eat some great food and relax! Sign Up Genious Link:
News & Notes
- Faculty Family Party: Friday, May 19th Sign www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e49afa629abfc1-gp2017 More than 5? Bring 2 items
- Graduates: If you have sons/daughters graduating this year from high school and/or college, please let Donna know.
- Thank you to all who divided or covered for classrooms so that staff members could attend the funeral for Joy's mom. It was a beautiful service for such a beautiful person!
- Trikes: Lakeshore will be replacing 8 PreK/PPCD/Kinder trikes!
- Staffing Updates:
-Sara Lake will be moving to 2nd grade teaching self-contained.
-Jill Peterson will be joining our first grade team. She is coming from Pflugerville ISD.
-Jessica Wilkerson, our new counselor, will be visiting Monday morning. Please welcome her as you see her on campus.
-Bonnie Roy has been promoted to a position working in the business office. We will be interviewing for the secretarial position in June.
Mustang Yee Haws!
- Congratulations to Avery Seagraves, daughter of Tami Seagraves, and Jensen McMurray, daughter of Jessica McMurray for being recognized at the CSHS Academic Achievement Award Ceremony. They were on the all A Honor Roll this school year!
- Congratulations to Nathan Grant, Julie Grant's son, for being recognized at the CSHS Academic Achievement Award Ceremony for achievement in Advance Building Technology!
- Congratulations to Zeph Seagraves, Tami Seagraves' son, who is 7th in the state with 9:28 in the 3200m state competition - a new PR vy 7 seconds! See picture below
- Congratulations to Janelle Walton's daughter, Jessica Machala who is now Dr. Jessica Machala, DVM! Jessica graduated from Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences. See picture below