Medieval African food and art
- Dishes like spinach stew and crocodile are very popular dish in Africa.
- Portuguese brought exotic items like chillies, peppers, maize, tomatoes, pineapple, bananas, and domestic pig.
- A dish that is cheep and taste good is called acaraje which is peeled black-eyed peas made into balls and deep fried.
- Around 800bc the Greeks came to Africa and started to plant olive orchards and produce which now they have and converted into olive oil.
- Also around 800bc the Africans started to try and eat different food as Indonesian settlers.
- Most African sculptures were historically in wood and other organic materials that have not survived from earlier than, at most, a few centuries.
- There are many different styles of African art.
- The people of Gana created kente cloth, brass castings and stools carved of wood and royal arts.
- Later west African cultures developed bronze castings for reliefs.
- Emphasis on the human figure: African artists tend to favor 3d artworks over 2d.