Info. from the book "Black Eagles".
- born January 26, 1892. lived in Atlanta, Texas
- in 1910 at the age of 18 she enrolled at the colored Agricultural and Normal University in Langston, Oklahoma
- in 1915 she moved to Chicago
- got a passport on November 4, 1920
- started sailing for England two weeks later from there she crossed the English Channel to France on a boat train then made her way to Paris.
- The aviation school there would not let her in because two women died flying and they didn't want another to
- the next one excepted her, and they were the most famous school
- she received her license on June 15,1921
- after that she flue in many air shows but never did stunts because her planes were rentals.
- when she did get her own plane she did some stunts but not that many
- on April 29 Coleman died from falling out if the air plane when looking around at the area to do a parachute jump.