Technology at Lineville
By: Bergen Peters
- In typing web we where required to pass all the sections in the intermediate course by the end of the first semester or the first 2 quarters.
- There are 11 sections in the intermediate course, but even though there are a lot of sections they aren't very hard all you have to do is focus.
- Typing web is all about focus and concentration.
- If you can do that and get through the intermediate course early you can get your picture on the wall, how cool!
- In career locker your counselor with come into technology class, your counselor uses 5 days to help you prepare for your future.
- With career locker you do all different types of activities. This is to get you thinking about your future and the job you want to work at.
- If you are logged into career locker on the Middle School site you can find captain career. If you find captain career you can enter to win raffle prizes!
- In coding you get to play all sorts of mini games where you have to use code bricks to make the character do all sorts of things.
- We do coding in technology to help us understand computers more and how the programs on them are well, programmed.
- Coding is fun but it requires a lot of focus to piece the different bricks of code together to make the character move or do something else.
- It is always best to read what the computer is telling you and to watch the videos, have fun.
- With Explain Everything you can create all sorts of projects, but in technology we used it to record ourselves solving a math problem.
- In Explain Everything we were required to have at least 2 slide. I used the 1 for the problem, the second for solving the problem, and I used a 3rd slide for the answer.
- There are 8 different math problems that you get to choose from, remember you can only choose one.
- In the app iMovie you have the choice to create a iMovie or an iTrailer but for technology we had to do an iTrailer with photos that we took, not photos that were copied from the internet.
- When I created my iTrailer I did it on something that I loved but you could also do it on something that you can easily get pictures of.
- After you create your iTrailer you have the choice of sharing your video with the rest of the class.
- With Haiku Deck you can create slideshows, and in technology you create a Haiku Deck on your dream job.
- You have to have at least 10 slides in your Haiku Deck, you are given instructions on what you need to put in the 10 slides.
- Your Haiku Deck slideshow has to have some interesting facts, payment, how long you have to go to college and a lot more information about your job.