Campus News & Career Resources
Boise's Infamous Inversion!
How to Stay Motivated & Boost your Career during the Inversion!
1. Volunteer - there are lots of opportunities to volunteer around the holidays. Choose an organization that is important to you. Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills, network with people in the community & a great resume builder!
2. Improve your resume - whether you are looking for a job or not, now is the time to create and/or update your resume. Ask your Career Advisor for suggestions!
3. Make to-do lists - wake up and create a list of things you want to get done. Lists can help you stay focused and less likely to make excuses. Also, it can feel great to check things off your list!
4. Research your industry - get on the internet and search what is trending in your industry. There are lots of great resources on the internet that can improve your knowledge. Also, are there any certifications you can take? Or conferences or workshops in the area that you can attend?
5. Google yourself - a majority of employers will search the internet for you, so now is the time to give yourself a "social media cleanse!" Remove inappropriate photos, language, posts, etc.
6. Set goals - identify what you what to achieve in the next 2-5 years' time, and then make a plan, outline the steps that will enable you to meet your goals. To progress in life you have to set goals, but make sure they are achievable.
Winter Break Announcements!
Winter Break is coming! No classes will be held December 21st through January 3rd. Make sure to submit all assignments for weeks 1, 2, and 3 before you leave for break so you can enjoy your time with family and friends. Be prepared for your final exams when you return as week 4 resumes on January 4th .
We will be hosting a Welcome Back Breakfast on January 4th to welcome students back from the Winter Break! Watch Facebook and your email for more details.
The Martin Luther King Day holiday is Monday, January 18, 2016. Remember to submit assignments even though you don’t have a physical class session.
We look forward to helping you accomplish your goals in 2016.
Campus Director, Helena Hanson and the Boise Staff & Instructors!
Scholarships for Alumni
There are two generous scholarships available to Alumni that would like to upgrade their program.
Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship-award $5000
Master’s Degree Scholarship-award 50% of the cost of the Master’s degree program
For more information, please contact:
Lilinda Thompson, Director of Admissions
Certifications help with job placement & advancement!
As a student or graduate enjoy these FREE benefits!
- Pre-payment assistance and reimbursement for successful completion
- Boot camps, tutoring
- Audit classes – Refresh your skills by auditing your classes!
Contact me! I'd love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss how you can easily get certified.
Facebook: Laura Stevens-Henager Chiuppi