Welcome to Kindergarten!
Look at what we did!
- In literacy, we started working on learning our classmates's names. Inspired by Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten, we wrote our own kindergarten books! We also read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and wrote ANOTHER book with us in it! We are learning about our centers too. We have learned how to work in listening center, poetry center, and ABC center.
- In word work, we started working on recognizing and writing our letters!
- In writing, we practiced how to tell something about ourselves. We have also worked on drawing people, scenery, and animals so that they look real.
- In math, we learned how to sort by color, shape, size, and kind. We also started working with patterns.
Please remember the snack plan for your child's class. Also try to send at least one healthy snack like fruit, vegetables, pretzels, crackers, etc. A healthy drink like water is also welcomed!
Here are the themes from the beginning of the year until 2 weeks from now:
- Welcome to Kindergarten
- All About Me
- ABCs and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- Our 5 Senses
Upcoming Events & Other Information
- Progress Reports - Wed, Sept 25th
- Fall Picture Day - Fri, Sept 27th
- Walk for Education - Sat, Oct 5th
- We will read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and do many letter-inspired activities.
- We will continue our work with drawing during writing.
- We will continue our unit on patterns.