gerund phrase will begin with a gerund, an ing word, and will include other modifiers and/or objects. gerund phrases always function as nouns, so they will be subjects, subject complements, or objects in the sentence.
1. I was eating cake with a plastic fork.
2. I was making cookies for my friends.
3. He was cooking dinner for his spouse.
4. She is cleaning her house for her guests.
5. we're going to the movies together.
Why Gerund Phrases Are Used
Gerund phrases let people use verbs as nouns to further describe what one is doing.