ADL Charger News
September 24, 2021
From the Principal's Desk
We have been very busy during these first few weeks of the school year! Our teams have been focused on relationship and team-building, supporting students in reacclimating to school routines and procedures, and engaging in new learning. Our residency program with artist Alex Cook took place this past week, and the murals designed and created by both ADL and EMS students are outstanding. You can see a sneak peek of one of the murals below!
Please take a moment to read through these school updates when you can. Thank you, and have a wonderful weekend!
Health and Safety- Please Read
All students and staff are required to wear masks inside our school at all times, except during mealtimes in the classroom or cafeteria. Students are expected to wear their masks properly, over their nose and mouth, to prevent the virus from spreading at school. We have had a number of students showing up to school in the past couple of weeks without their masks. We continue to provide disposable masks to students who forget to bring them, but ask that families please remind students to bring a clean mask with them to school everyday.
Please continue to keep your child home if they:
- Show symptoms of COVID-19- fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, lack of smell/taste, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, muscle aches, headache
- Have a fever (temperature greater than 100.4°F); or
- Are currently in quarantine due to close contact with an individual with COVID-19 or in isolation due to testing positive for COVID-19.
Also, if your child has been tested for COVID-19, it is imperative that they remain home until they receive their negative test results. Thank you for your support of these important guidelines.
Parent-Teacher-Student Conferences in October
We will be holding fall conferences from 4-8pm on Thursday, October 7th and from 8:00am-3pm on October 8th. We will be offering in-person or virtual conferences. Please be on the lookout for the conference sign-up link early next week. Families opting for virtual conferences will need to communicate directly with their student’s homeroom teacher indicating this preference. Teachers will send Google Meet invites to families who wish to meet virtually.
ADL Guidance Department News
- We are pleased to announce that Sean Riehl will be joining our guidance department in early October when School Counselor Jessica Librizzi goes on maternity leave. We look forward to welcoming Sean to our team!
- For updates on our guidance curriculum at ADL, please see this letter from our school counselors.
- We will be administering the Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) again this school year. For information about the YRBS, please see this link.
Title One School-Parent Compact DRAFT
Per the Every Student Succeeds Act, the School-Parent Compact is a written document designed to build partnerships, and is jointly developed with parents and families of Title I participating students that clearly outlines the goals and shared responsibilities of students, families, and the entire school staff in improving student academic achievement. ADL is receiving Title 1 funding this school year. Please consider reading the draft compact and providing feedback to the document through this google form. This is an important component of our Title 1 program. Thank you!